Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Heredia
Spain
Palma de Mallorca
Islas Baleares
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can you help me?
I do not understand how to void strategy cards (7.3.3) played in strokes that are being resolved, by the same cards.

Is it supposed that A (strategy card revealed by the player in turn in the box corresponding to the Stroke being resolved) can not void B (strategy card revealed by the other player)?
In this way, the Overhead Smash card (A) would not void the Defensive Lob card (B), but win 2 dice.

And B can void A?
If the player in turn reveals Defensive Lob (A), and Overhead Smash the other player (B), the Smash would void the Lob (but this player not in turn does not win 2 dice because the Lob was dicarded).

On the other hand, do you know if there is any estimated release date for the Solitaire tennis expansion?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Coleman
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Hi, Francisco,

If a card says it voids something, then the voided card is discarded. To use your example, the Topspin Lob would be discarded, because it has been voided by the Overhead Smash card. Let me know if this makes sense.

As far as Solitaire TC Tennis, that is in the works down the line. But we just released World Class Women expansion (24 female greats + 20 more Strategy cards) and Tennis Doubles is coming soon as well.

Hope this helps,
Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Heredia
Spain
Palma de Mallorca
Islas Baleares
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much for your reply! And thanks for all these expansions, too.

But then the Smash card never could add two dice since the Lob card has been voided? This is what I do not understand...

Francisco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Coleman
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Francisco,

Not only does the Smash void the Lob, but you also get the 2 extra dice. That is why playing the Lob is a bit of a gamble.

Cheers,
TC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Heredia
Spain
Palma de Mallorca
Islas Baleares
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is not a good lob! Tsonga sees it coming and...

Thanks, again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.