Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Muenster
Germany
Schwerte
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,
i just received my equipment cards and by browsing through them i got a bit confused about Eva´s Bonus Token "Snow Goggles". It says : You ignore the effects of smoke and may use a pistol when making a melee attack". Taking rules of Smoke Grenades into consideration (Revised Rulebook, page 23) i completely understand that we are only allowed to make attacks to adjacent circles, a melee attack, when in an area which is covered with smoke.
What bothers me though is the term about "using a pistol in melee attacks", because i always played it that we are allowed to make attacks to adjacent circles with all kind of weapons...
So, applying the term exactly as it´s written on that particular card,
B.D.Brown can attack an adjacent character only with his knife and not with his Flash Machine Gun? Or the Schocktruppen can never engage in a melee attack due to lack of a hand to hand weapon within his initial equipment?

Hopefully you guys understand my question, any comments and advises are more than welcome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if there is anything official, but we like to go with the following.

Enemies in adjacent squares have to be attacked with melee weapons. If the character does not have a melee weapon, then they must use their lowest combat score (unless they have the hand to hand skill).

Obviously, this is mostly based on the 1st edition rules, but we really liked this as it makes things a little trickier for the Union. The Union otherwise definitely had the whip hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably a bonus item that never got converted to 2nd Edition rules. Looks like it feel through the cracks. I think the "You ignore the effects of smoke," make it worthwhile from time to time.

Oldschool99 wrote:
Hey folks,
i just received my equipment cards and by browsing through them i got a bit confused about Eva´s Bonus Token "Snow Goggles". It says : You ignore the effects of smoke and may use a pistol when making a melee attack". Taking rules of Smoke Grenades into consideration (Revised Rulebook, page 23) i completely understand that we are only allowed to make attacks to adjacent circles, a melee attack, when in an area which is covered with smoke.
What bothers me though is the term about "using a pistol in melee attacks", because i always played it that we are allowed to make attacks to adjacent circles with all kind of weapons...
So, applying the term exactly as it´s written on that particular card,
B.D.Brown can attack an adjacent character only with his knife and not with his Flash Machine Gun? Or the Schocktruppen can never engage in a melee attack due to lack of a hand to hand weapon within his initial equipment?

Hopefully you guys understand my question, any comments and advises are more than welcome...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trouvere wrote:
I don't know if there is anything official, but we like to go with the following.

Enemies in adjacent squares have to be attacked with melee weapons. If the character does not have a melee weapon, then they must use their lowest combat score (unless they have the hand to hand skill).

Obviously, this is mostly based on the 1st edition rules, but we really liked this as it makes things a little trickier for the Union. The Union otherwise definitely had the whip hand.

2nd Edition allows you to shot into adjacent circles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:

I know. The 2nd edition is much improved, but there are a couple of things I liked from the 1st edition. This being one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trouvere wrote:
tssfulk wrote:

I know. The 2nd edition is much improved, but there are a couple of things I liked from the 1st edition. This being one of them.

I'll have to give it try next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Muenster
Germany
Schwerte
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so shooting onto adjacent circles is allowed and the goggles just improve Eva´s sight when acting in smoke? I can live with that.

Thank you guys for your quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A failed bullrush allows the character a free melee attack. So it could be useful or when hitting adjacent characters through doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except she has that whip of course I love Tannhauser but I think this one slipped through the cracks of conversion to 2nd edition rules

-John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.