• [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the new sculpts. Not black light reactive, but they look pretty awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
And you won't feel so bad about painting the new ones. You could even paint them with black light reactive paint!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Look
United States
Coventry
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the original rules are untouched, while new stuff is optional. Good move on their part, as I'm pretty sure they've sold me one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the red-bordered hex a new terrain type?

Edit: Maybe it's the "swirling storm of death"? Looking forward to seeing a picture of the monolith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate it. Now i will have to buy this version to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
browncoat2814 wrote:

Sounds excellent. I like that they explained their production choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! There goes $59.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
browncoat2814 wrote:
Sounds like the original rules are untouched, while new stuff is optional. Good move on their part, as I'm pretty sure they've sold me one.

Same here. No way I'll pass on something as awesome-looking as this, when I know that the gameplay is great already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Humphreys
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
browncoat2814 wrote:

Rules are untouched, but the text on some cards are changed. Compare these Scattered Rubium Energize cards:

In case you can't read the second, it says, "Gain 1 rubium for each space you control outside your home base."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was big of Fantasy Flight to admit that they couldn't match the superb awesomeness of translucent dayglo plastic found in the original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
It was big of Fantasy Flight to admit that they couldn't match the superb awesomeness of translucent dayglo plastic found in the original game.

Not legally in this country anyway. I'm sure that plastic is so awesome it's bad for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful production, FFG continues to put out such awesomeness.

I like the art on the energize cards, esp. compared to the more ordinary old ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
I actually prefer the original sculpts, translucent colors, and art-direction in everything especially the tiles.

I do agree with you on the the new tiles - I'm not that impressed with them at least at the low res image they show on the website.

The original ones are a lot easier to differentiate and not so murky. At first I found them garish but they grew on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, monolith wishlist - opaque or clear, detailed, painted....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With so few changes, it will be hard to justifying the money for this edition. I barely play the one I've got (though I have some great past times!)

I should get it out of the closet and see what kind of shape it's in though. The box is pretty beat up lately but not sure about the contents...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
walkie wrote:

Edit: Maybe it's the "swirling storm of death"? Looking forward to seeing a picture of the monolith.

I think that red-bordered hex is the monolith. The icons around it appear to bar three unit types from entering, and it doesn't look vortexy to me.

ETA: Also, the write-up refers to the monolith as "the board’s highly coveted central hex", which makes it sound like the monolith is just going to be a tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm happy to trade my original edition for the new one with anyone who thinks the original looks better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:

ETA: Also, the write-up refers to the monolith as "the board’s highly coveted central hex", which makes it sound like the monolith is just going to be a tile.

Thank goodness. The 3d thing in the original edition was aweful. Had to get out of my chair just to see what enemy units lay on the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
I'll wait until the rules are released, but I'm cautiously optimistic ille able to mod my original game with paper inserts into card sleeves and alternate character sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
BradyLS wrote:

Not legally in this country anyway. I'm sure that plastic is so awesome it's bad for you.

But it smelled sooooooo good!

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the first painted creatures from the new edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:

Well, that just bites the big green twinkie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
walkie wrote:

That red bordered hex probably IS the monolith, as they say this near the end:
FFG preview wrote:
For example, the classic edition's raised monolith platform has been replaced with a flat monolith tile, which we feel offers a less cumbersome and more accessible board layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
walkie wrote:

That red bordered hex probably IS the monolith, as they say this near the end:
FFG preview wrote:
For example, the classic edition's raised monolith platform has been replaced with a flat monolith tile, which we feel offers a less cumbersome and more accessible board layout.

Behold the power of the MINILITH!!

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG wrote:
Its tense and aggressive play experience is entirely unchanged.

Smartest thing they did with this release! Optional rules to give it some FFG kick, but same game in a spiffy new box.

Shame about not having Luminator style pieces though. Good news is, you can paint these with no remorse whatsoever, and the sculpts do look amazing.

Handy Hobby tip for the day: Many 'glow in the dark' paints also glow under black light with a much brighter effect. Miniatures can be highlighted with coloured paints or brushed down with the standard pale green, which almost dries clear. Turn on your black light and stand back!cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.