Popular Tags: [View All]
Aigar Alaveer
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to announce that last Thursday a new board game store/club opened in Tallinn! After almost two years as online-shop lauamangud.ee finally evolved into more traditional bricks-and-mortar store with enough space to hold also our weekly gaming nights at Tuesdays.

Store is open from Wednesday to Sunday, at Luha street 19, Tallinn. More information can be found from our website (http://www.lauamangud.ee/catalog/privacy.php?language=en) or Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/lauamangud)

Aigar Alaveer
lauamangud.ee FLGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Casinghino
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am visiting Tallinn next week. From what I could piece together using google translate, this shop has open gaming on Tuesday nights. Can anyone tell me if this is still true? Is the crowd pretty friendly? Sadly I don't speak Estonian or Russian, so I'll be relying on friendliness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
ccasin wrote:
I am visiting Tallinn next week. From what I could piece together using google translate, this shop has open gaming on Tuesday nights. Can anyone tell me if this is still true? Is the crowd pretty friendly? Sadly I don't speak Estonian or Russian, so I'll be relying on friendliness

English is no problem.
Yes, open game nights on Tuesdays. Wednesdays you can visit Ludo game store for more gaming nights in Ülemiste Keskus as well.

All the best.

Raiko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aigar Alaveer
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we have open gaming on Tuesday nights, indeed. People start gathering around 17-ish and we close when last game ends. Whenever it happens :)

At least I consider myself as 'pretty friendly' :) and we (both owners) are BGG users as well, so speaking/understanding English is not a problem. If any questions - location, available games, wishes for play, etc - just PM me.

br,

aigar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccasin wrote:
Also, while you're over there be sure to try the liqueur called Vana Tallinn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Casinghino
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. The store is pretty close to my hotel, so hopefully I'll see you guys on Tuesday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Casinghino
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that these guys are really friendly! They happily fit me into a game of Game of Thrones, even though I had to learn the rules and there were more people that wanted to play. The store is nice, with plenty of tables and a good selection of games.

I definitely recommend stopping in here if you're in Tallinn.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Jõesaar
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccasin wrote:
I can confirm that these guys are really friendly! They happily fit me into a game of Game of Thrones, even though I had to learn the rules and there were more people that wanted to play. The store is nice, with plenty of tables and a good selection of games.

I definitely recommend stopping in here if you're in Tallinn.

Thanks guys!

Thank you Chris for coming! It was a pleasure to play with you as you was a quick learner and did a great job in the game as House Stark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Hillep
Estonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem... It was nice meeting you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Coeur d'Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news! I can't say when I will be back in Eesti again, but next time I am there, I will definitely visit. I can let my wife go home to visit family (Vändra) and I'll stay in the city and play games with you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Jõesaar
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, all who visited our shop during past years! Unfortunately our landlord decided to sell the rooms we used and the new landlord asked so much rent that we couldn't afford it.

The good news is that our webstore is still up and running, so please visit us at www.lauamangud.ee Also, you can like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/lauamangud

When we find new rooms for the strore, we let you know for sure. Hope to see you soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about the new store? I'll be visiting Estonia later this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Jõesaar
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no brick & mortar store, still only e-commerce at www.lauamangud.ee

But you are welcome to attend our gaming night. Every Tuesday night from 17-22 in downtown cafe Seitse C. You can find more information about the events (what we will play, location information etc) from our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/lauamangud/events

Also, if you find something interesting from our e-store, you can order the item and pick it up for free at Seitse C.

Hope to meet you and other gamers who will visit Tallinn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the informative reply!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Jõesaar
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy from us online: lauamangud.ee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.