Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain to me the usefulness of the Kor card's power to decloak without performing a power adjustment? Does it mean you can make a power adjustment to get out of the cloaked state? Or does it mean you can decloak and explore (for example) without having to make a power adjustment at all (i.e.: peform tasks only decloaked ships could make...but still retain your power setting for cloaked)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you could decloak to say, attack, with highest weapons and 0 shields, but ad it didn't use your power allocation, you could after power allocate to high shields, or high engines to leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
His ability allows his ship to make two power adjustments in a turn. For example the ship starts the turn cloaked and moves to a new location with a Federation ship. The player uses Kor's ability to decloak, setting the dial at maximum weapons setting so it can shoot at the Federation ship. After the combat the player can now adjust the dial to maximum shields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a cloaking action actually use one of your power adjustment allotments that you're given once per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, cloaking is an action. Decloaking is a power allocation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: Deleted reply because I didn't see Mundane's excellent breakdown at first. Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.