Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Wand
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play this game with my wife and kids regularly. My kids are 8 and 6 and they always do well. I played with 3 of my nephews over the weekend at a family function. They picked it up quickly as well.

During the first age one of them kept wanting to upgrade his wonder in addition to playing a card, which I had to remind him he could do one or the other, not both ; )

In the second age, my 9 yr old nephew cashed in the military card I needed for 3 coins, therefore figuring out for himself that sometimes it's better to prevent your opponent from getting a good card if you are unable to play something better yourself ; )

THe game was close up until the third age, which I think is really the age where many games are won or lost. I was able to build up enough military and play a key guild card to pull ahead. My 15 yr old nephew also played two guild cards and so I only beat him by 4.

Final score, 9 yr old nephew: 45 pts, 11 yr old nephew: 38 pts, 15 yr old nephew: 55 pts (mostly on science and guilds) me: 59 pts, military, guild, wonder upgrades, civics.
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Schafer
United States
Stoughton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nice, we had a similiar issue with my cousins 10 y/o daughter, she wanted to play a card as well as a wonder stage...
I also think it's tough for them to pick 2 types of buildings to go with, instead they spread out to thin and score minimal points..
The 10 y/o did win our second game having played the B side with the 3rd wonder stage that gives you the ability to use a guild of your neighbor.. that was good for 9 points and won her the game.. they all wanted to play again, but it was time for a game of Dominant Species instead. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.