Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in ANOTHER session of "To Henry Hill."

The Confederates start the scenario with a lot of routed units behind HHH. These units are the only units that do not have some type orders at the scenario start. Can these units be issued orders while still under a Rout marker? The rules are silent on this, which makes me think that "yes" they can be given orders, but it is a bit counter-intuitive; if the units are routed, their orders ought to be to rally! :-)

But as the rules are written, I think issuing orders to these brigades are fine. Can anyone confirm? I couldn't find anything in the rules.

A very modest GG tip given for answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, you can only issue orders to divisions as per 10.5c unless noted in the game specific rules.

23.1b specifies the actions of Routed units, but does not say they can't accept orders. However, their actions are dictated by the rules, so it sounds like the orders would only become effective once they rallied enough to rejoin the fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what we figured, as well. Thanks for the answer, and here's a modest GG tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Slater
Malta
flag msg tools
Yes..Routed units can receive and accept orders. Be careful however, for depending on the distance they have routed, their 1st requirement upon rallying, will be to regain Command status, only AFTER which they can follow their new order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a modest GG tip for you, too!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.