Popular Tags: [View All]
Targh Targus
msg tools
Hello,

Rules for Hidding Space Feature are :
'While hiding, the investigator may not move, attack, or cast
“attack” Spells. On a future turn, the investigator may spend a
Movement or Action Step to move out of the hiding space.'
So when you move in, you may not move out during the same turn.

Question : when the investigator move out of the hiding space
, may the investigator move in the hiding space during the same turn ? or does he have to wait a future turn to move in the hiding space (like for the move out)?

Thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
so, you mean the investigator would jump out of hiding, and say...punch a shoggoth in the face, the jump back into a hiding space? I don't see why not....would you have to do an evasion in order to jump back into hiding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonVeederVeld wrote:
would you have to do an evasion in order to jump back into hiding?

A strict reading of the rules would say that you do have to make a check.
Quote:
make an evade test against every monster in his space before moving...
=====
An evade test is an attribute test that is resolved immediately before the investigator attempts to move...

It does not specify a move out of the space, or to a different space. Just a move, which you are using to hide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targh Targus
msg tools
Hello,

to clarify my questions :

1) When I move out of the hidding space during a turn, may I move in the same hidding space during the same turn ?

2) When I move in the hidding space during a turn , may I move out during the same turn ?

Thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I would say no since its said you can move out on a future turn so if you cant move in and out in the same turn i would say out and in is also forbidden.

2) No

Correct me if im wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Few questions of similar thing came up a while back, here's just a few.

Talking of moving into hiding, can the dog transport item to / from investigator that is hiding? Are the investigators considered hiding if that happens next to the monster?

While at it, how many investigators can go into one hiding box/filing cabinet/chest/etc? Assuming four investigators are all hiding in same chest, can they exchange items freely on trade step?

Do you have to take horror check when monster enters in the room you are hiding in (since you do not have line of sight to the monster and you can not fire weapon etc)?

If you are hiding in chest, and you have trauma that says that you are afraid of confined spaces, does it apply if the chest you are hiding in, is not in room with one space? If it is, do you have double effect?

If investigator have trauma of being afraid of dark, does the investigator suffer the effect if he/she is hiding in the chest in a room that is not dark? What about if investigator possesses lantern or other source of light?

there are probably quite few more questions about that topic but just to start....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

tico wrote:
Few questions of similar thing came up a while back, here's just a few.

Talking of moving into hiding, can the dog transport item to / from investigator that is hiding? Are the investigators considered hiding if that happens next to the monster?

While at it, how many investigators can go into one hiding box/filing cabinet/chest/etc? Assuming four investigators are all hiding in same chest, can they exchange items freely on trade step?

Do you have to take horror check when monster enters in the room you are hiding in (since you do not have line of sight to the monster and you can not fire weapon etc)?

If you are hiding in chest, and you have trauma that says that you are afraid of confined spaces, does it apply if the chest you are hiding in, is not in room with one space? If it is, do you have double effect?

If investigator have trauma of being afraid of dark, does the investigator suffer the effect if he/she is hiding in the chest in a room that is not dark? What about if investigator possesses lantern or other source of light?

there are probably quite few more questions about that topic but just to start....

Interesting questions.
(1) The dog is used as an action. So yes. And I would also say: Yes, the investigator is considered hiding with regard to any nearby monster.

(2) This questions about the number of hiding investigators in the same spot: In my humble opinion the rules are not clear about this; I heard good arguments in favor and against the possibility of hiding more then one investigator in a single hiding place.
If and as for the investigators in the same hiding place: since they are in the same space on the board they can freely trade.

(3) Horror Checks are still to be made, when an investigator is hiding and a monster enters the room. The horror check has nothing to do with line of sight.

(4) and (5) Trauma cards: I need to think about that. This is truely a question of understanding things more in terms of game mechanics or of theme.

I hold it as not unlikely that there may be different opinions. I would be glad to learn more ...

All the best!
Mad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.