Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering what the best size is for the cards. Can someone help me?
I checked the Mayday cards and those would be 63.5 x 88 but they seem to be too big.

Please share your thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they changed the card size for the 2010 reprint, then the 63.5 x 88mm sleeves are the correct ones. All of GMTs CDGs use the Mayday "Card Game" sleeves (green).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim thanks for your response! I've been wondering the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asyncritus wrote:
Unless they changed the card size for the 2010 reprint, then the 63.5 x 88mm sleeves are the correct ones. All of GMTs CDGs use the Mayday "Card Game" sleeves (green).

Thanks Tim!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

The vast majority of GMT games use the standard "Magic" sized sleeves, the exception have smaller cards such as in Manoeuvre.

My honest advice is to avoid penny sleeves, as they make it harder to shuffle the cards, the corners get snagged. Its a false economy.

Cards by FFG, KMC and Ultra Pro are good quality and cheaper than Dragon Shield, after trying all sorts of brands, I now stick to using FFG sleeves exclusively; good prices. availability, range of sizes and no holograms

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although Mayday did start recently selling penny sleeves, most of their products are on par with the FFG sleeves. For CDGs, I recommend the "Standard" sleeves over the "Premium" ones, as the additional thickness of the Premium sleeves makes them very hard to stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Brimer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also using the clear Mayday sleeves. They are quite nice. Although, getting everything back into the box has long since become an effort in futility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.