Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an issue that sometimes cards in card protectors get stuck together. I was curious what can be done to prevent this from happening, and also what can be done to make them not be sticky.

Any ideas? Also, any idea why this happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have everyone wash their hands before playing, and ban food from the game table.

Oh wait, that's why you got sleeve protectors in the first place ;-)

Try resleeving games that get a lot of play in higher-quality sleeves -- penny sleeves are known to get tacky after a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:
I have an issue that sometimes cards in card protectors get stuck together. I was curious what can be done to prevent this from happening, and also what can be done to make them not be sticky.

Any ideas? Also, any idea why this happens?

It happens because of dirty, sweaty hands.
You should laminate their hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are sleeves out there that have a matte backing. I used them when playing in a lot of M:tH tourneys and they NEVER got tacky. I used buy the ones that were covered in Japanese writing. Their the best sleeves I have ever owned. I still UsE the same sleeves I bought (from that brand) 6 years ago and still no stickiness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this happens to unsleeved cards too..i spread them on a towel, talc them and shuffle and they are briliant..i got this off my gran 40 years ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
this happens to unsleeved cards too..i spread them on a towel, talc them and shuffle and they are briliant..i got this off my gran 40 years ago!

Unsleeved cards also often benefit from being microwaved for 3 seconds, to drive of moisture. (Try this on an unimportant card first.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about corn starch? Does that work to?

Anyhow I want sleeves but they are so damn expensive and I could really get Seth to run the Thunderstone code again (5+ packs = 25% off and free worldwide shipping. Need )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Binipped wrote:
There are sleeves out there that have a matte backing. I used them when playing in a lot of M:tH tourneys and they NEVER got tacky. I used buy the ones that were covered in Japanese writing. Their the best sleeves I have ever owned. I still UsE the same sleeves I bought (from that brand) 6 years ago and still no stickiness.

If only they make real small ones. I am using them on For the Crown cards, which are 1/3 to 1/2 the regulars sized sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.