Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the smallest of the cards fit in standard sized sleeves? Will FFG mini sleeves or Yu-Gi-Oh sleeves be required?

Thanks.

- Compulsive Card Sleevers Everywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the warseer forum -

Damage, Fate, and Status Cards are 4.2 x 6.3 cm.
Warship and Order Cars are 8.1 x 12 cm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - so it looks like FFG Mini European (which are slightly bigger than American) sleeves would work and maybe Dixit Sleeves from Mayday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday mini chimeras may be a good fit too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy home. There are two card sizes:

Small cards are 42mm x 63mm
Large cards are 81mm x 119mm

The small cards fit perfectly into the FFG Mini American Board Game sleeves (yellow).

I'm not sure if there are any sleeves on the market that would hold the large cards well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, though FFG lists the Mini American as being 41mm x 63mm, but I'm sure you're correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueJackal wrote:
Thanks, though FFG lists the Mini American as being 41mm x 63mm, but I'm sure you're correct.

Yes, I noticed that as well. However, I have some leftover FFG Mini American sleeves and tested out a small card in a random sampling of 5-7 sleeves. It fit into all of them.

How a 42mmx63mm card fits into a 41mmx63mm sleeve (and have it fit well) is yet another mystery of the universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know FFG doesn't make a sleeve that would fit the larger card size, so I checked with Mayday Games. They list a sleeve type called Magnum Gold. blush It's size is listed as 80mmx120mm. The large cards are 81mmx119mm.

I'd be curious to know how well those fit the large cards. I've heard/read nothing but poor reviews of their sleeves, especially regarding how inconsistent the quality and size is within a single pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
I've heard/read nothing but poor reviews of their sleeves, especially regarding how inconsistent the quality and size is within a single pack.

Having been someone who has done their fair share of whining about consistency problems with Mayday sleeves, I'm a little hesitant, but I think my friend has some Magnum Gold sleeves from another game. I might at least see if I can mooch a few of him and see how they work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
Tennberg wrote:
I've heard/read nothing but poor reviews of their sleeves, especially regarding how inconsistent the quality and size is within a single pack.

Having been someone who has done their fair share of whining about consistency problems with Mayday sleeves, I'm a little hesitant, but I think my friend has some Magnum Gold sleeves from another game. I might at least see if I can mooch a few of him and see how they work.

That would be great. If FFG made a size that fit, I'd be all over it. I've sleeved thousands of cards with FFG sleeves (in addition to other games, I own Arkham Horror and all 8 expansions), and I can count on one hand the number of defective FFG sleeves I've found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't even manage to count on one hand the number of packs of sleeves I had to get replaced from just my last Mayday order. To their credit, they did replace them. But still, pretty poor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
Tennberg wrote:
I just got my copy home. There are two card sizes:
Small cards are 42mm x 63mm
Large cards are 81mm x 119mm

Thank you for the info. How many cards of each size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zearoth wrote:
Thank you for the info. How many cards of each size?

128 small cards
20 large cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
They list a sleeve type called Magnum Gold. blush It's size is listed as 80mmx120mm. The large cards are 81mmx119mm.

I'd be curious to know how well those fit the large cards.

I just received the Magnum Golds and they don't fit without minor trimming of the cards. It's so minor you can't tell anything was removed. I have a straight-edge rotary trimmer and just a tiny cut on each side and they fit perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rbwphx wrote:
Tennberg wrote:
They list a sleeve type called Magnum Gold. blush It's size is listed as 80mmx120mm. The large cards are 81mmx119mm.

I just received the Magnum Golds and they don't fit without minor trimming of the cards. It's so minor you can't tell anything was removed. I have a straight-edge rotary trimmer and just a tiny cut on each side and they fit perfectly.

Urgh. I'm not trimming the large cards at all, even if it is minor. Looks like only the small cards will get sleeved for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
rbwphx wrote:
Tennberg wrote:
They list a sleeve type called Magnum Gold. :blush: It's size is listed as 80mmx120mm. The large cards are 81mmx119mm.

Urgh. I'm not trimming the large cards at all, even if it is minor. Looks like only the small cards will get sleeved for now.

I'm right with you there. Guess I'll be passing on big sleeves. At least they don't get shuffled, so it should be fine. And maybe that will leave a bit more room in the large card slot of the battlefoam trays to store the small cards in sleeved form on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
I'm right with you there. Guess I'll be passing on big sleeves. At least they don't get shuffled, so it should be fine. And maybe that will leave a bit more room in the large card slot of the battlefoam trays to store the small cards in sleeved form on top.

Exactly. Those 20 large cards never get shuffled or manhandled.

I'm thinking if I sleeve the small cards with FFG sleeves, they should fit on top of the large cards and may also fit into the Battlefoam slot that holds the dice and small plastic parts. Those bits could then fit into the slot made for the unsleeved small cards.

Hopefully, someone ordered the Battlefoam kit and will be posting a review soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
Hopefully, someone ordered the Battlefoam kit and will be posting a review soon.

I'm looking out for that too. I'm kind of wondering if it's possible to find an area on either tray where the top 8mm or so can be chopped off to make room for the rulebook. Given the 2D nature of cut-foam storage, it seems entirely possible, but until someone measures it out, then it's all guesswork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if it's possible to find an area on either tray where the top 8mm or so can be chopped off to make room for the rulebook. Given the 2D nature of cut-foam storage, it seems entirely possible, but until someone measures it out, then it's all guesswork.

My SH rulebook and scenario book sit on top of the bottom tray. I assume I'll be doing something similar with Dreadfleet and its rulebook. It doesn't bother me that the lid will sit higher. As long as everything is safe and secure, I don't care how pretty it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
My SH rulebook and scenario book sit on top of the bottom tray. I assume I'll be doing something similar with Dreadfleet and its rulebook. It doesn't bother me that the lid will sit higher. As long as everything is safe and secure, I don't care how pretty it is.

For me it's more that just looking pretty, it's an issue of storage space. If I can't stack a box it's a major hassle for me. I live in a one-bedroom inner city apartment. The SH rulebooks don't really cause problems, as they maintain a distributed load. The Dreadfleet rulebook, being only one of them and a lot thicker, is more of an issue. I could store it separately on a bookshelf, but that causes problems of its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
For me it's more that just looking pretty, it's an issue of storage space. If I can't stack a box it's a major hassle for me. I live in a one-bedroom inner city apartment. The SH rulebooks don't really cause problems, as they maintain a distributed load. The Dreadfleet rulebook, being only one of them and a lot thicker, is more of an issue. I could store it separately on a bookshelf, but that causes problems of its own.

Understood. I'm more than fine with stacking other game boxes (Arkham Horror, CitOW, Earth Reborn, etc). However, Space Hulk (and soon, once it's painted, Dreadfleet) will be getting their own dedicated space in my one-bed apartment with no other objects next to them or on top of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
However, Space Hulk (and soon, once it's painted, Dreadfleet) will be getting their own dedicated space in my one-bed apartment with no other objects next to them or on top of them.

That'd be nice, but my better half might not go along with that, despite really enjoying Space Hulk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
I'm looking out for that too. I'm kind of wondering if it's possible to find an area on either tray where the top 8mm or so can be chopped off to make room for the rulebook. Given the 2D nature of cut-foam storage, it seems entirely possible, but until someone measures it out, then it's all guesswork.

Theoretically, you can take some plasticard and fashion walls that sit inside the lower box, held in place by the battlefoam. You make this the height of the battlefoam plus rule book (so 141mm, probaly plus a coupple of mm for error).

The box lid will now sit on top of this inner rather than the lower box, allowing complete and stable storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:
Theoretically, you can take some plasticard and fashion walls that sit inside the lower box, held in place by the battlefoam. You make this the height of the battlefoam plus rule book.

The box lid will now sit on top of this inner rather than the lower box, allowing complete and stable storage.

Actually, another idea I had along those lines was to put some cardboard on the inner walls of the lid so that it sits high without resting on the contents. I don't have one on hand, but I believe this is how the Magic: The Gathering "fat packs" work.

This will potentially be my Plan-B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried the Mayday Sleeves for Dixit sized cards, unlike the earlier poster I have not had to trim the Dreadfleet cards, the sleeves fitted fine. One sleeve was a little tight to fit, so just used another. Don't know if I just got lucky with a looser batch, but only rejected 1 out the first 21 sleeves to do the game, and I could have used the one I rejected if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.