Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone interested in making CoC:lcg videos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi there...

I have been an owner of CoC:lcg form launch, note I said owner not player, as I just haven't been able to get any of my mates interested in the game. Witch really sucks as they are all still playing MTG witch I find is getting worse and worse with every block. Mythic drop win, mythic drop win.. lame...

Anyway, there is a "scene" in magic the gathering to make youtube videos. These are mostly done with MTGo but can be done with live action cards easy enough. Though there is of course LackyCCG.

I did this video tutorial on how to make MTG game vids from MTGO
http://www.youtube.com/tragictheblathering#p/c/50E2F3F22FD58...

But it can be used for LackyCCG as well.

The point is that I LOVE the theme of this game, and also the mechanics, but I just never get to play it... and I have tried lackyCCG but I can nver find anyone online so I have the same problem as in real life.. no one to play with.

I would love to be able to watch with commentary some games now and then, and even better many MTG players are very used to watching gaming on youtube so this could even bring more players into the game.

I would do this myself but I just haven't found someone on LackyCCG to play with and do not have a camera for live action stuff.

Would anyone be interested in doing some videos .. either in lackyCCG or in real life? Personally I would totally subscribe and watch them every time they came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, my play-group has been talking about it.

I meet with 3 time champ Tom Capor once a month to play and he brought up the idea of filming our day... it may happen... we meet Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
That would be awesome. I would really like that. As I said I hardly get to play this game and think it would be cool to watch some games and experience the awesome theme of this game vicariously. Live or lacky I do not care both would be great!!

Thanks for considering this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric L
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much as yourself, I have invested into much of the game from the inception of the LCG. I have every expansion through the latest completed cycle, though for the first cycle of expansions I have 1 of each release without the 3-card printing format used now. I also have not gotten the reprinted CCG to LCG stuff.

I have played the game 1 time and that was over 1 year ago.

I have stopped buying expansions due to my inability to get this played and with the release of Lord of the Rings LCG I really only want to sink money into a max of 1 LCG.

That being said, I'd be interested in playing/learning with the added motivation of helping out with community developed support efforts like tutorials, deck analyses, play examples via video etc.

I'll keep a look out of any opportunities where I might can assist. Maybe I can actually use some of the stuff I have and have never even opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ludyee wrote:

That being said, I'd be interested in playing/learning with the added motivation of helping out with community developed support efforts like tutorials, deck analyses, play examples via video etc.

I'll keep a look out of any opportunities where I might can assist. Maybe I can actually use some of the stuff I have and have never even opened.

Where are you in Maryland? Our group meets once a month in Pittsburgh. We play for about 10 hours or so and are always welcoming new players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is basically battle report videos then, not a tutorial to learn to play - is that right?

We're trying to get a group going locally, might be able to try it sometime. Honestly I have no experience with shooting & uploading video so it'd probably take some time before they started coming out decent. If I get the chance to try it I'll post a link here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
i hope this is not forgotten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have footage. Just missing the time to do something with it.

Tom had shown interest in doing something, so I'll get the material to him and see what he wants to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
that is so awesome!! Thanks man. I can not wait to see it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Taton
Belgium
Rouvreux
Liege
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Concerning LackeyCCG, It's true that it's very often lacking Cthulhu LCG players. But from time to time, we set games with french, dutch, italian,... players. Of course, we benefit from being all in the same time zone (GMT+1 (+2 in summer)) and playing almost always during the second part of the evening (after 9:00pm). And maybe the most important, we tend to use Skype in order to communicate during the game, because lackey's chat sucks (it's Qwerty only, meaning that for us in Europe, we need to adapt our keying, guessing where is the "m", the "a", the ";" , ...
It is also important to note that we use the Chtulhu_LCG plug-in updated by Sadric (it's always very quickly updated to include the latest AP released)

So please join us on the french (but we speak english too) forum: Le Cenacle Chthonien:

http://cenacle-hd.bb-fr.com/f26-cthulhu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be great!

I'm relatively new to CoC.
I've read through the rules a few times and only played one 'test' game.
So I got the basics of the game down.
The tutorial on FFG site is helpful, but it would be great to see a full game in action!

And it might help me get some of my friends to change their minds and try it out too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.