Subject: Help me narrow down my order please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am looking to place a game order this weekend and am curious as to what game(s) you think I should take out of this order and why. Why you ask? Mainly to see any folly that I may be overlooking in one of these games and hopefully to not spend as much money as necessary

Here is the list and why they interest me -

Luna - Because it is a Feld and looks quite good.

Mansions of Madness - I have Betrayal and like it, just looking for something a little more fulfilling in the genre.

Navegador - Looks like a good rondel game and I have heard mostly good things about this one.

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game - I could use another Ameritrash game and I love the theme of this one as well as the production values.

Troyes - Looks like a solid game to add to the collection. Looks like a meaty euro with multiple paths to victory.

Thanks for any input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Navegador is my hot game right now. I learned it at WBC, bought it right after, and have a half-dozen plays in. The rondel limiting the choices to three keeps the turn time down and keeps things moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Manions of Madness - not nearly so many scenarios, but what's there is real engrossing. And of course, you'd end up on the FF monthly expansion train...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Luna is OOP and getting hard to find, so if you're thinking about it and you find it, you might want to grab it.

Of your list, I've played Navegador and really enjoy it, but I can't compare or contrast it to any of the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nickerson
Canada
Fort St John
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't played any of these gams so I can't comment on them but I find it interesting that the 3 above people listed games that they like and why, when the OP specifially asked for which ones he should consider not getting and why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Navegador and enjoyed it, so I can't tell him not to buy that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many do you want me to remove?
Quote:
Mansions of Madness - I have Betrayal and like it, just looking for something a little more fulfilling in the genre.
Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game - I could use another Ameritrash game and I love the theme of this one as well as the production values.
Troyes - Looks like a solid game to add to the collection. Looks like a meaty euro with multiple paths to victory.
Most likely what I would had done. (Except mansion of madness which for me personally lose on needing someone running it all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure Luna is OOP - so good luck finding that one. It is a good game, but a bit...unusual for Feld. It has more theme and...some interesting mechanics. Mixed bag if you'll like it or not - we do, but it isn't a normal Feld game.

Of your order the only one I haven't played is Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game - so I can't comment, but....it is the one I'd leave off because all the other games you list are - pretty amazing actually.

Navegador is my favorite of the Rodel games. Even over Imperial.

Mansions of Madness - we were prepared not to like this but demoed it at GenCon....now we own it. Very engaging game with real puzzles to solve.

Troyes - one of my favorite worker placement games. Enough variety that you'll play a long time I think before it gets old.

Good line-up - you really can't go wrong with what you've picked here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
You should consider not getting Troyes. I love it. It's a good game, but I rarely play it. I prefer Kingsburg + the expansion. Troyes only hits the table when my wife specifically asks for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oj1979 wrote:
I haven't played any of these gams so I can't comment on them but I find it interesting that the 3 above people listed games that they like and why, when the OP specifially asked for which ones he should consider not getting and why.

Good point. But reinforcing why a game is good from one's perspective is always good to hear. I haven't played any of these just simply read the forums and watched some reviews.

Thanks for all the replies thus far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.