Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this is different for each category so i separate them below. AI can be in form of Event Card draw or Enemy card AI or rule tables lookup or game rule or any form that simulate/emulate intelegence..

Which solitaire / coop game got the :
1. best (eg clever) AI ?
2. worst (eg stupid) AI ?
3. hardest to implement (eg too many rule check etc confusing) ?
4. easiest to implement ?
5. annoying AI (eg cheating with giving AI too much supply or too many monster)

i find some solitaire Wargame AI is a bit confusing too implement and sometimes they 'cheat' like giving too much supply/troop to the AI and/or limiting the turn/time for players..

regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic's AI is elegant, simple and very intelligent in it's execution.

Arkham Horror is elegant too, but more fiddly and complex and much, much more random (which can be good or bad).

Space Hulk: Death Angel. Nothing much for the AI to show (it requires limited input), but what is there works ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the games I've played...

1. Gears of War. You'll have a general idea of what will happen in the near future, but you can never know exactly what the threats will be on the current turn. Not bad for just a stack of a couple dozen cards.

2. D&D Wrath of Ashardalon (and its kin). The strategy in the game seems to be equal parts manipulating the monsters into acting criminally stupid, and running backwards while hurling spells.

3. Arkham Horror. Monsters blending into the background, remembering what all the different colored borders mean, are we at the monster limit, how many can go in the outskirts, etc.

4. Forbidden Island. Flip a card, turn over or remove that tile. Easy.

5. Space Hulk: Death Angel. Roll the die, kill half your squad, and all while you're just shooting at air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Carrier, (AH/Victory Games)

hands down, best AI in a wargame - ever.

Depending on your comfort with complexity, the whole game system may be 'hard to implement'. But this game will kick your a$$ if you don't stay awake.

honorable mention to Tokyo Express, and Fields of Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldbrownsfan wrote:

Depending on your comfort with complexity, the whole game system may be 'hard to implement'. But this game will kick your a$$ if you don't stay awake.

i thought Carrier's AI is bad and complex (based on review on bgg's carrier page)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Race for the Galaxy's solo variant has amazing playability. Then again, I love RftG and none of my friends enjoys it, so I don't have much choice if I want to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
Space Hulk: Death Angel. Roll the die, kill half your squad, and all while you're just shooting at air.

that sums up death angels death based AI dice hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pandemic AI is good. It's just being a model of disease spread so it's not trying to simulate anything like intelligent decision making or responses to an intelligent decision. But what it sets out to do it does well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
dprijadi wrote:
oldbrownsfan wrote:

i thought Carrier's AI is bad and complex (based on review on bgg's carrier page)

Yeah, it's a pretty stout rulebook.

The rules are thick but really laid out well. You learn the game systems sequentially, using 'practice scenarios'. With lot's of pictures/diagrams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Gears of War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
Another vote for Race for the Galaxy here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played this but have looked into the single player expansion of Race Through Space called Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm

there is a good video about the single player AI and it looks very interesting

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/6057/race-for-the-galaxy-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmb
In Advanced Heroquest the monsters' AI is reduced to "Attack" or "Be surprised and then attack"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Defenders Of The Realm is startlingly effective for something really random and provides radically different scenarios each time.

Forbidden Island is like Defenders Of The Realm lite and works well.

Elder Sign not really AI at all, but provides a great selection of choices you would rather not take.

Lord Of The Rings The Card Game is almost just a ticking clock where you are given more balls to juggle each turn (but it actually is very good)

Ravenloft/Ashardalon is simplistic handling of random monsters with a tiny bit of intelligence to them. Being monsters, you can kind of forgive them being stupid.

Conquest Of The Planet Earth is OK, piling more and more power to the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
My current favorite solitaire AI is Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?. Though at first intimidating I find it effective in it's execution of a Jihadist turn.

For a simple, effective, but relentless AI, I have been enjoying the solitaire game Dawn of the Zeds (First edition) from Victory Point Games. Though the AI is determined by event cards it is done in a very logical, if not brutal way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HatchetJob wrote:
Another vote for Race for the Galaxy here.

+1 for Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.