Hide
7 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Basic question about zombie spawning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oat Meals
msg tools
My apologies beforehand as I was unable to find the answer through searching.

In stage 3 of the zombie master's turn, you roll 2D6 and compare the result with the existing zombies on the field. If the 2D6 roll is greater, the difference is set aside as zombies and placed in a zombie pool.

Upon stage 6, the zombie master rolls 1D6 and takes the minimum value between the roll and the zombies in the pool and then places the zombies evenly between the zombie spawns.

Intuitively, stage 6 seems excessive to me. Is it just another loop for the ZM to jump through to lower the amount of zombies to be spawned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
I think you have misunderstood and complicated the rules.

Step 3 you roll the 2D6 and if the number is greater than the current zombies on the board, then you will get the spawn new zombies at Step 6. It is a simple "yes I can spawn" or "no I cannot spawn" roll. There is no difference set aside.

Step 6, if you got a "yes" on Step 3, you roll the 1D6 and get to place that many new zombies on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oatmeals wrote:
In stage 3 of the zombie master's turn, you roll 2D6 and compare the result with the existing zombies on the field. If the 2D6 roll is greater, the difference is set aside as zombies and placed in a zombie pool.

That's not right. The 2d6 roll is just a yes/no question of whether additional zombies will be spawned at the end of the turn. It has nothing to do with the number of zombies that you will get.

Quote:
Upon stage 6, the zombie master rolls 1D6 and takes the minimum value between the roll and the zombies in the pool and then places the zombies evenly between the zombie spawns.

Intuitively, stage 6 seems excessive to me. Is it just another loop for the ZM to jump through to lower the amount of zombies to be spawned?

This is where you determine the number of zombies to spawn. Obviously you can't spawn more than you have in the pool. You only get to spawn if your 2d6 roll in step 3 was higher than the number of active zombies you had at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oat Meals
msg tools
Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caldwell
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I read this, I was making the same mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh god, I've played like 10 times, all spawning the wrong quantity of zombies

Glad I read you guys post here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan O'Brien
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read this wrong as well the first time. Once I realized I was doing it wrong it seemed to me that it would be easier to make determining if zombies spawn and then determining how many could just be the last two actions. Maybe players will react differently if they know new zombies will be spawning and the end of the turn? Like save an event that might be better played when new zombies come into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.