Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my current game a pocket of Germans were all attacked. A Pz Army was forced to retreat and was able to retreat 2 hexes along a chain of friendlies. However this hex was under an attack marker.

What happens? Does the Pz army aid in the defense? *ouch*

Is it ignored under the 'one battle per unit' rule ? (although not explicitly stated there)

Does it suffer the same result as the original unit if there is one?

Can it participate in a CA result?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Pz unit will help in the defense (ouch indeed!). And can be part of a "CA2 result.

You attack "HEXES", not units.

So plan the order of your combat resolutions in that light, Comrade Adlington.

Remember: Hexes are 100km, turns are two months, units are Armies and Fronts. a lot can happen in two months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Yes, the Pz unit will help in the defense (ouch indeed!). And can be part of a "CA2 result.

Remember: Hexes are 100km, turns are two months, units are Armies and Fronts. a lot can happen in two months!

And now I see the true horror

An advance from a previous combat can also get itself involved in another combat? (albeit there is a restriction that you may not attack twice in a friendly phase)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Troymk1 wrote:
licinius wrote:

And now I see the true horror

An advance from a previous combat can also get itself involved in another combat? (albeit there is a restriction that you may not attack twice in a friendly phase)

Nope, because there is a restriction that you may not attack twice in a friendly phase. In your case the advancing units will not be able to attack a second time and be counted in a new, different, attack.. This is only possible for the defenders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But they CAN advance to a second counterblow space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Troymk1 wrote:

Possibly. But it would be a very rare happening!

An hex is attacked, the combat result is a "CA", the counterattack results in a DR (or better) and one of the non-phasing units advance into a space occupied with its side counterblows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Troymk1 wrote:

Possibly. But it would be a very rare happening!

An hex is attacked, the combat result is a "CA", the counterattack results in a DR (or better) and one of the non-phasing units advance into a space occupied with its side counterblows.

Exactly

And now that I 'get it' I see that you have re-created the desperate chaos that is the Eastern Front very well!

Quite surprising. I thought that this was a simplistic game yet the more I play the more depth I see. Kudos to you sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Troymk1 wrote:
And now that I 'get it' I see that you have re-created the desperate chaos that is the Eastern Front very well!

Quite surprising. I thought that this was a simplistic game yet the more I play the more depth I see. Kudos to you sir!

Thnaks! Do remember that each turn is one/two months, and each hex 100km. So a lot can happen during that time!

Tghis is also why cities do not stop advance after combat (but the objective cities): 100km hexes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.