Stronghold» Forums » Rules

Subject: How many units can I move? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JeppNils NilsNils
Sweden
flag msg tools
I played for the first time today!
The one thing I really can't seem to wrap my head arond is how moving units works. Now I realize that we have a Minor and Major disspatch,5/7 units from the camp to the foreground, but before I dispatch my units from camp I will move the units already out in field. Can I move how many I want or can I only move the number of units that I will dispatch later?

And I can only move one unit one step at turn right?

Can someone please clarify how many units I am alowed to move in the field at one turn?

Thank You,
BR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JeppNils wrote:
I played for the first time today!
The one thing I really can't seem to wrap my head arond is how moving units works. Now I realize that we have a Minor and Major disspatch,5/7 units from the camp to the foreground, but before I dispatch my units from camp I will move the units already out in field. Can I move how many I want or can I only move the number of units that I will dispatch later?

And I can only move one unit one step at turn right?

Can someone please clarify how many units I am alowed to move in the field at one turn?

Thank You,
BR

You move as many as the number listed on the dispatch FROM EACH location.

So if you play the minor for 5, at each rampart you can move 5 out. At each foreground you can move 5 out.

When it gets to the camp you only have one but you can move to each foreground, again with 5 to each.

So even with a minor dispatch you can move quite a few unts but no more than 5 from any location.

You can only move each unit once per each dispatch. This is why you would want to use both the Minor and Major Dispatch in one turn - a) to allow a unit to move twice and to move more units than what a single dispatch allows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JeppNils NilsNils
Sweden
flag msg tools
Oh, so i can actually move 10 Units out of camp with the minor dispatch? 5 to each foreground?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeppNils wrote:
Oh, so i can actually move 10 Units out of camp with the minor dispatch? 5 to each foreground?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JeppNils wrote:

Yes. And even 15 if you are using the Battering Ram as it counts as a "foreground" of sorts. So it would get 5 more on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.