Popular Tags: [View All]
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My birthday was on Sunday and my wife and daughters made this delicious cake in the shape of a Quarriors' die.

My daughter came up with the design including the following faces:

1 Quiddity (x2) (One is the imaginary bottom of the cake.)
2 Quiddity (x1)
2 Portals (x2)
1 Monster (x1)

The monster side is pictured (I am trying to add more images to my gallery, but the loading is coming very slowly). It is 37 across the top because I turned 37.

My daughter (who designed and made the individual sides) said that it was a Questing Wizard, but then pointed to the Witching Hag die. I think she thought that the picture for the Hag was a creature rather than a pot and I think she mistook the handles for eyes (look at the picture upside down and maybe you can see the pot and steam). She is 6, so some confusion is happily forgiven.

I decided that it is indeed the 'Birthday Monster' and can be captured for just 1 quiddity if it is your birthday. The cake didn't roll very well and the table was a bit messy afterwards, so we decided to have our cake and eat it too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilarious! A great birthday cake if I do say so myself. I think your family knows you quite well. Querty Seven, huh?

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! I hope your family enjoyed culling it, although too much glory in one sitting is bad for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Teamski wrote:
Hilarious! A great birthday cake if I do say so myself. I think your family knows you quite well. Querty Seven, huh?

-Ski

I think it should be Qwerty Seven if my keyboard is telling me the truth!

Stunna wrote:
Looks great! I hope your family enjoyed culling it, although too much glory in one sitting is bad for you.

We had to cull it over several days as the cake was absolutely huge (to make it cuboid). It was so big, that they ran out of cake batter and the middle was a different type of cake. The problem was that all of the glory went to the cooks rather than the birthday boy for making such a nice cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually a cube? Well now we'll have to see the other sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
It's actually a cube? Well now we'll have to see the other sides.

I'm loading them into my gallery so that I don't fill the subscribers with a bunch of cake pictures. One other is in there so far, but they will be loaded within the next day. I will post again to let you know.

This gives you a good idea of the other sides. Gummi worm portals (the best kind) and a Quiddity side (also sugar paper).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice. Thank you for the cube pic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Okay, the uploader was working better for me this time.

2 Quiddity side, made with sugar paper, icing and love (plus other yummy ingredients).

And one of two Gummi Portal sides, which if rolled let you draw ANOTHER cake. These were greatly sought after by my girls for their consumption.

This also gives a good view of the gummy ring around the bottom of the cake (which was apparently a 1 Quiddity side). I think dice holders should be fashioned out of gummy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding stuff, Gastel! I wish I had a cake like this! Except mine would be wither vanilla or lemon cake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It was chocolate cake mostly with a middle section of vanilla. Again, it was too big for one batch of cake, so my wife had to make two (we also got a batch of cupcakes because of this).

If you are going to use lemon cake, I might suggest a portal or maybe a Spirit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to roll one of these. Now I'm re-painting the kitchen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I tried to roll one of these. Now I'm re-painting the kitchen

Hope you rolled a 2+ quidity then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.