Popular Tags: [View All]
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ken, George, Derk

I persuaded George and Ken to try a game of Big City. I explained the rules to George, and he quickly absorbed the information. The game started off very conservatively. We were not willing to place the City Hall, which makes the game enter the next stage. I though about it, but couldn’t get enough cards in one location to succeed. Eventually almost all of the residences and businesses were gone, and no one placed the city hall. It came down to Ken or me, and I finally caved and placed the City Hall. Is there a rule for that? Or does the game just end if no one is willing to build it? Anyway, Ken had saved a good chunk of properties and played them quickly getting very good points from post offices, theatres, and especially banks. George and I had the parks and factories, and they came out quickly after the City Hall appeared. But for some reason whenever George played a factory or park, it effected mostly my cards, and Ken raced out to a massive lead. At the end, Ken had a commanding lead.

Ken: 92, George: 61, Derk: 56

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.