Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Godswar, when adding "the number of armies on the god's side in the battle," for the attacker, does that mean the total number of armies in the originating space, or the total number minus the guy who will have to stay behind, or something else? The defender's number is the number of armies in the space, or are only two at most considered to be "in the battle?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Total guys in each space. Attackers never actually "leave" their territory until the opposition is wiped out, when they can invade. So each side rolls 3 dice, plus 1 for each altar you control, plus 1 if the Sky God is involved, plus 1 for each of your troops in the defending or attacking region.

Note that as an attacker you can not send your God in when attacking, which means you can avoid a Godswar if you feel you can take out the army without risking your God (but also note that you won't receive any benefits of those Gods during the attack, such as War's "Win ties" which is pretty huge as well as Death's ability to send opponent's right back to the reinforcement bin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks, that all makes sense. (But you mean 3 dice, plus 1 die per altar, plus 1 for the Sky God, plus 1 point per troop, right? Not one die per troop?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. Yes, that's correct, didn't mean the ambiguity.

So:

Your God vs. mine; you have control of an altar and have the Sky God with you. You also have 7 troops. You roll 5 dice and get a total of 14; plus 7 is 21.

I have ten troops and regular ol' Fate. I roll three dice and get a total of 9; I add 10 and have 19. Oops--Zeus clobbered me. My God is banished, and the invasion continues to at least one round of regular combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.