Popular Tags: [View All]
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
George, John, Drew, Derk

We weren’t sure when Neil or Ken would show up, so I broke out this neat little filler I’d picked up at the Game Chest last week. I’d heard lots of good things about this game, and despite of the simplistic rules, I was hopeful. The game’s not our typical German fare, it’s actually a party game. There are two types of cards: Red apple cards, which are persons, places, things or events; and Green apple cards, which are adjectives. One of the players is the judge each round, and the judge duties are passed to the left. The judge pulls the top Green apple card and then players play one of their Red apple cards. Once four cards have been played, the judge then goes through the Red apple cards and picks the one that matches the Green apple card best. The winner of the round gets the Green apple card, and the first player to acquire a certain number of Green apple cards wins the game.

We played a four-player game, which was much better than I thought it would be (as a party game, I assumed it would really only shine with multitudes). The only difference is that a player can play two cards, which means that one player has a fifty-fifty shot at the Green card. Anyway, we played two games and both were quite entertaining. The word games were fairly straightforward at first, and then the game took a decidedly sardonic twist. It was very humorous to combine the words in way that would appeal to the judge for that turn. You can definitely add this game to your ‘non-gamer game’ stack. During this session, I think Drew won one, and then I did (I think, I could be wrong about the second game…)

<em>Drew: Great party game. Would be better rated if it wasn't a party game. I tend to dislike such games in general, so the rating drops. Rating: 6</em>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.