Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Crouch
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you get an upgrade card, is it kept on the table face-up, or face-down?

I would assume the later, except for the fact that all upgrades are revealed to the other players during the Scoreboard Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Knotts
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
badge
¡Viva la Revolución!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question... the Fantasy Flight demo at Gencon had us keep all staff / team upgrades face-up, and we've always played that way during our matches; we've always interepreted the "reveal" step is intended to be a permanent reveal, not a temporary one... esp. because your "hand" is made of player-cards, not improvements. Page 12 in the rulebook shows an improvement face-up before it's being exhausted, but I don't see anything else in the rulebook that backs it up... probably a good question to be submitted to FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always figured face-up since they are revealed already and with the exception of your current hand everything else in the game is open. It also fits in with other types of games that have lots of disclosure. It feels appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Face down until revealed when you reveal improvements. Then get face up for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boxjuggler wrote:
Face down until revealed when you reveal improvements. Then get face up for the rest of the game.

This. And we usually tap them once used if they contain a match-up action and untap at the start of the next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
boxjuggler wrote:

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mojo shivers wrote:
boxjuggler wrote:

This. And we usually tap them once used if they contain a match-up action and untap at the start of the next week.

This and this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Just another question to all upgrades to clarify it for me old man with low cost english knowledge modest

I collect all (staff upgrades, team upgrades) in different piles on my Players game area, face down until i need/use one of them in a matchup.
Upgrades i used, stay face up for rest of game and unused remains face down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bayernkini wrote:
Just another question to all upgrades to clarify it for me old man with low cost english knowledge modest

I collect all (staff upgrades, team upgrades) in different piles on my Players game area, face down until i need/use one of them in a matchup.
Upgrades i used, stay face up for rest of game and unused remains face down?

No, not quite. When you win a matchup, you collect the payouts for the applicable zones (your team zone and possibly the central payout). You then select the card you want to keep for each zone and place these face down in the reward pile. You do this for two reasons 1) to remind yourself that these don't take effect right now (so they have no bearing on the remaining matchups for this turn) and 2) so that your opponents don't select cards based on what you selected.

Once you have resolved all matchups for the week, everyone reveals all of their stuff they collected and read it out loud so now everyone knows what everyone else has. From this point on, they are known and available for use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.