Popular Tags: [View All]
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could this game be played solo? Maybe cut out the public office jobs or tweak how one acquires a job?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game for Christmas and I was thinking about solo play. I was thinking of attaching a certain cost to the various roles to simulate bidding. For instance, you could choose any role you wanted at the beginning of the game for free. Then, starting in the next round, it might cost 1 coin to keep your current role or move 1, 2, 3 . . . roles to the right and pay 1, 2, 3 . . . coins. Maybe increase the cost of staying on the same role for consecutive rounds. So, the role is free on the first round, you pay 1 coin to stay there in the next round, 2 coins to stay there in the 3rd round and so on. I think you would also need a mechanic for eliminating buildings. Maybe when you buy a building, you remove from the game the building immediately to the right or left (your choice) of the one you purchased, or you could pay a certain number of coins or points to retain the buildings immediately to the right and left remove a different building. It would take some thought and testing, but I think you could come up with a viable solitaire variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LCG 74160
msg tools
mbmb
Here are the solo rules I use:
- on the first turn, you choose any public office for free
- on later turns, you stay where you are for free or change for 2 coins
- for the public buildings, you only use the most expensive one of each pair
- you are not allowed to get more than 2 commercial buildings, 2 utility buildings and 3 city walls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.