Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Ystari box to have a 5th player for CMC. The rules don't say if the neutral bank is to be used for with favor track only or if it can be included in a standard game with no favor track. It is to be added after the last Dungeon token is taken. I assume it's to boost resources in the mid game which may be stifled with a 5th player but it doesn't explain. Any thoughts? I plan on introducing it either way to see how it effects the game. Magna Carta was well received by my group last week. They all wanted me to bring in the regular board game Caylus next week as it rekindled their interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit late in responding,but here is my guess as to why the bank should be played with the expansion and not without it.
Gold is too difficult to get while playing the expansion without the bank because you do not gain a gold piece for sending the most batches to the castle as you do in the base game. With the expansion, Instead of getting gold from the king, you get a favor. The neutral bank gives the players another way of getting gold. I feel that to play with the bank without the favors will make gold too easy to obtain.
I hope that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.