Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this game for the first time last night, we had 4 players and it was supposed to be the first game of the night, the rulebook said 2 hours so that was doable. Unfortunately it run for about 4.5 hours and we ended the night immediately after completion.

There is a few reasons for the long playtime, one being that we were learning as we went, I hadn't had the time to read all the rules upfront like I would have preferred. I had an idea of the basic gist of everything, but as we took actions we checked the rules to make sure they were doing them correctly.

Because of how we were playing It would have taken at least 90 minutes before someone built their first bomb. We really spent more time than what was required getting more and more men, where other actions would have actually sped up the bomb race.

There was confusion over the espionage action. (Just to confirm, you can use a number of opponents buildings equal to your spy level, when you use the espionage action correct?) the example I think makes it pretty clear, but the wording was a little ambiguous to us.

We had 2 people that suffer from AP so the end game was kinda slow.

With all that being said, i thought it was a great game, I can see this game going alot faster and smoother now that we have a game under our belts and understand what it's going to throw at us.

The game was pretty tense, and at least for me full of anguish over not being able take the espionage action, because the person to my right always taking it. It was clear if I played my men smarter I could have outlasted him and waiting til he "pulled out" but I didn't do that. (Next time devil)

As the game drew to a close, the table thought it was down to 2 people winning, but it was not to be, another player was able to fly under the radar and claim victory. I thought this was a nice outcome.

If there was one thing I really wanted to see, it was perhaps a different building type that allowed you to place another man on the main board.

I'm keen to play again, I'm really beginning to dig worker placement games and certainly enjoy the way the worker placement works in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.