United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard if Valley Games will actually be doing a North American printing of this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
Has anyone heard if Valley Games will actually be doing a North American printing of this game?

I thought they were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Valley Games after Thanksgiving, asking if this will be reprinted. I have not received a response.
Maybe "no news is good news."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably won't say anything until its far along in the process of publication. With the base Stronghold game, the reprint was delayed months after preorders were taken, and some people were pretty upset. Still, I wouldn't mind maybe a blog to follow the process, or a word to say it really is in their plans still. Ultimately they did a quality job on Stronghold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark monk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I emailes them a few weeks ago and they never got back to me!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This page in this thread about the base game reprint from VG should tell you everything you need to know:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/619569/anyone-know-when-this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update? I recently picked up Stronghold and played a first game. I liked it a lot and would definitely be up for the expansions if they are to be reprinted.

Otherwise if anyone knows where they are available I would appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Cermak
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pre-orders for the Undead expansion reprint are now open!

http://www.portalpublishing.eu/2013/02/pre-orders-for-strong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy #$%! $60 shipped to the US for the expansion. I'm guessing that $30 shipping is probably about right, but that's a tough pill to swallow for a fairly small expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a small expansion? I thought that it was a fairly large expansion, with board overlays, new cards, more tokens, and all sorts of goodies. The box is only a couple of inches shorter than the base game and and about half the weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually couldn't find a contents listing on their website or the BGG entry here, but the descriptions made it sound like it was mostly cards.

Hopefully they will find US distribution, I would like this but probably not enough to justify $60.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
MillertimeRC wrote:
Hopefully they will find US distribution, I would like this but probably not enough to justify $60.
It'll likely be almost as expensive and scarce if it does make it here since only 500 copies were printed.

I agree. Sounds like if you want it, this pre-order is the way to go. It will be hard to get and if it does become available in the US at some point it will not be cheep...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time it was available, almost two years ago, it was being sold for around $60 at most online stores.

Valley Games has already said that they don't have any plans to print an edition of this expansion. If you want to get the expansion, you'll either have to get it now or wait for a trade/auction/ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbhalla wrote:
The last time it was available, almost two years ago, it was being sold for around $60 at most online stores.

Valley Games has already said that they don't have any plans to print an edition of this expansion. If you want to get the expansion, you'll either have to get it now or wait for a trade/auction/ebay.

When did Valley say that? I think many of us were under the impression that Valley Games had this in the works, but was remaining mute about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I phoned them almost a year ago and spoke with Torben concerning another matter. I happened to mention the Stronghold: Undead expansion to see if there was any news about them possibly doing a North American reprint. At that time he said that there were no plans since they had many other projects (I'm guessing D-Day Dice, Octopus' Garden, ...) they were working on and that Ignacy was working on other unrelated projects as well.

I'm wondering where everybody got the impression that Valley Games would be doing a reprint? I couldn't find any info about it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bbhalla wrote:
I'm wondering where everybody got the impression that Valley Games would be doing a reprint? I couldn't find any info about it anywhere.

Because I volunteer for them and was told we were going to do a reprint.... I even have a copy of the expansion they sent a long time ago so I could work on it once we were ready.

The "issue" was that when Valley published the base game, they made some tweaks. A couple of those needed to be worked out for the expansion. But as you said, kickstarter came along and D-Day Dice and they funneled all their resources into that, sidelining just about everything else.

I have an email into Rik asking about this. It might not be "dead" (pardon the pun) but just shelved for the time being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbhalla wrote:

"We announced that we will be doing the expansion for Stronghold: Undead – hopefully later this year. " - Valley Games, 2011
http://fortressat.com/interviews-toc/2531-next-of-ken-volume...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I even have a copy of the expansion they sent a long time ago so I could work on it once we were ready.

Checking my records, I received the copy almost 2 years ago on March 2, 2011.

Not sure the exact timing of D-Day Dice but I have a set of v16 rules on my laptop dated June 2011. So the timing seems right that DDD is what knocked off this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.