Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had an idea, though probably too late. I live in a country which is currently holding the rugby world cup... In fact the final is a mere few hours away.

Does anyone attending Essen want to do a merchandise exchange? I would probably need a response by 9am NZT (GMT+13hrs right now it is almost 3pm) for me to head out to the shops to find out what's left (and if The All Blacks win, it will be every person for themselves in the shops). But on the positive side things will be on sale.

My wish list is as up to date as I can get it from what I've been reading so far on the geek about the new releases with comments about why I am interested.

I figure even if I've left this too late to propose this idea at least I've tried and the type of idea might come in useful for someone next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit late yes, and as a huge AB and rugby fan I must must must think of something fast now. Problem is, I was in Essen Friday so can't go back to get you stuff.

Let's check your wishlist and find if I have something for you anyways.

Edit: Darn, can't help you.
Fortunately a friend of my neighbor is working for a beer company down there and she will already bring me some goodies from the world cup.

The other good news: I'll sent you 7 Wonders: Catan, just because you are a Kiwi. Will GM you after the match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, I wasn't even expecting a reply on this. Thank you for the offer! I am current entertaining my boyfriend with nonsensical arrrghhh noises about the brilliance of my idea yet practically too late.

I'm sure I will be able to find you a little something tomorrow, even if I have to resort to non-rugby stuff... It's just a really good excuse to go shopping! Even more fun when it's for someone else!

Cool I just noticed you are Dutch, where I grew up there were quite a few Dutch ex-pats. I still hunt down Dutch licorice at the supermarket sometimes when I have a craving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WE WON!!!!! I don't even like rugby and I watched the last 5 minutes!!! We haven't won since 1987!

I think I will leave the tv on to watch some of the festivities coverage. People are going to be buzzing all week! So glad it's a public holiday tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
WE WON!!!!! I don't even like rugby and I watched the last 5 minutes!!! We haven't won since 1987!

I think I will leave the tv on to watch some of the festivities coverage. People are going to be buzzing all week! So glad it's a public holiday tomorrow.

Fantastic!

I died several times.......

What a match.

Great France showed up, but so so sooooooo glad the AB's won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.