Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to find out this in the manual. I know I read something about it, but I don't remember.
What to do with artifacts that villains get?
In coop they get 2 points on the track and is the artifact discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In co-op the villains get two points and the artifact. This gives them bonuses with the Dark Mastery, Dark Powers, etc cards, but heroes can steal the artifacts when they destroy a base.

In competitive simply discard the artifact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I remembered the opposite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One exception: If it is a Temple Artifact, they ONLY get the Temple miniature piece -- the cards are discarded. I'm not exactly sure why that is, unless they think it balances out the game a bit more... the Villains presumably looted a lot at the Temple, plus got two points for the Artifact, so no need to additionally give them bonuses for Dark Artts, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keepable Temple artifacts *are* the miniature. The cards (and their fortune) are represented by the fortune gained during the course of adventuring inside the temple, and are 'shared' by everyone adventuring there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagpuss42 wrote:

In competitive simply discard the artifact.

The competitive rules actually say to put the artifact aside to show that the villains have it. I was wondering why this is, it doesn't seem to make much sense. It's not like you can steal it back from them or anything, as far as I can tell. We played our first game with the villains tonight and that's one thing I wasn't getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the cooperative game, you can steal back the artifacts, often by invading the Villains' base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Santoni
United States
Davie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some cards reference whether the villains have got an artifact or not. That is why in the competitive game you keep stolen artifacts noted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.