Subject: Halloween company-wide game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Dorobat
Romania
flag msg tools
Hello,
I'm looking for a secret identity game that can be played with a very large
number of people (150+) and has a monsters vs humans theme, sort of like Werewolves of Miller's Hollow.
Could also be something in the spirit of Invasion of the bodysnatchers movie, or The Thing, or something about a parasite that takes over people one by one, like in Panic Station boardgame.
Anyone knows if something like that exists? I'm pretty sure there's nothing commercially produced, but there could be a set of rules or guidelines for setting this up somehow.

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite what you're looking for, but the kids at my high school played a Zombie Survival game last year and they seemed to have a good bit of fun with it. Kids wore a white shirt over a black one. White meant Living, black meant Zombie, and there was one Zombie at the beginning of the day. When tagged, the kids took off the white shirt and became a Zombie who could tag (eat) other living targets. The goal was to live to the end of the day.

The ground rules were that you could only get hunted between class changes; not in class or at lunch. They seemed to have a blast with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McGaughey
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played a game once a few years back that could be tailored to be what you are looking for. The game I played had to do with assassinations. The rules were quite simple each person in the game wrote down a quote that they did not share with any of the other players. Each Pearson was then given a target and the target's quote. To assassinate your target you had to get them somewhere alone and say there quote to them. Once you killed the target, their target became your new target.

You can change this by selecting one person to be a vampire, werewolf, etc.and giving them some tokens or something they can hand to the "humans" to change them into whatever creature you decide on (vampire, werewolf). The creature would then try to get humans alone and pass them some of the tokens meaning that the other has now become whatever type of creature you decide on. The goal of the creature and those that are changed is to change every last human, and the goal of humans is to get out alive and as a human. It does create a since of suspense for the human players in that they might not want to wonder off alone, but they wont know who they can trust to go with them. You could also add in some rules in that if a creature is found out then the humans (and still undiscovered creatures) can send a mob to rid themselves of that creature, this will force the creatures to be careful and not show their hand. Another stipulation you can add is that you can say that a creature can change a human if there is only 1 human present and the rest of the people are creatures.

I hope this is helpful. I'm not sure if there are rules for the assassination game available online, or if it is just something that was done by that particular group I played with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.