Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. For the Russian card that lets you overstack in 3 hexes (Prepared Assault?), if you have to "retreat" after combat from these hexes due to the overstack is it a 1-hex retreat? 2-hex retreat?

2. If the German player gets a weather-changing card in his hand during the Russian player's turn (by Stalin's Interference, or if he uses Gott mit Uns or something), does it change the weather for the CURRENT turn? Or the next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenhope wrote:
1. For the Russian card that lets you overstack in 3 hexes (Prepared Assault?), if you have to "retreat" after combat from these hexes due to the overstack is it a 1-hex retreat? 2-hex retreat?

2. If the German player gets a weather-changing card in his hand during the Russian player's turn (by Stalin's Interference, or if he uses Gott mit Uns or something), does it change the weather for the CURRENT turn? Or the next turn?

1- It's "Prepared Offensive". Retreat the unit to an adjacent hex.

2- This cannot happen. Read this rule:

[14.14.2] It’s in God’s Hands: A weather card’s “Play Immediately” Event only occurs when that card has been revealed from the Draw Pile and cannot be negated or canceled by the play of another Event.

So since in your examples the card was not revealed from the Draw Pile, the Weather event will not happen. Instead you will just "play this card immediately" (to no effect) "and then draw a new one" (as instructed by the red text on the card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed, something I was doing for the first several games as the German until it was pointed out to me. Weather only happens if drawn from the draw pile, not the discard pile. Now this 5 percent thing that Carl was talking about made more sense to me, since I was playing it wrong. But it felt good as the German player at the timeninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops! OK thanks guys. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenhope wrote:
Whoops! OK thanks guys. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

No problem. Just remember: Neither Stalin, not Hitler, nor the STAVKA, not the OKH, can change the weather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Westh Sorensen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
licinius wrote:

Are the normal Retreat restrictions to be followed or can the "overstacked" unit retreat into an adjacent EZOC hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Claus_Westh wrote:
licinius wrote:

Are the normal Retreat restrictions to be followed or can the "overstacked" unit retreat into an adjacent EZOC hex?

Good question. The word "retreat" is important here: follow the normal retreat restriction. If not I would have written "move the unit to an adjacent hex".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.