Subject: new era+51 state rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 51 state is one of the best card games. now i am waiting my copy of new era but i want to play with the 2 games mixed up.

Can anyone who test-played both games together know whats the best way to mix the 2 games?
I heard that there are cards in new era that exist also in 51state, do i have to take these cards out of the deck?(keep only the ones from new era i mean)
also how many cards is the ideal deck to have and play?
last but not least is the game good when cards are mixed or its better to play alone with new era for some reason?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
The New Era is really 51st State v2.0, as you certainly already did read. The NE rulebook (see files section) has a chapter about mixing the sets near the end, but this mainly focuses on the difference in the icons and the missing distance information to contract/attack cards in another players state...

There was some information (in another post) that about 80 cards (if I remember correctly) are the same in 51st and NE. So I would guess thats just the leaders missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
There was some information (in another post) that about 80 cards (if I remember correctly) are the same in 51st and NE. So I would guess thats just the leaders missing?

It's just the opposite. There are 80 new cards and only around 20 or so are cards from the old deck.

With all the different icon changes, I can't imagine combining the two decks and being able to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played twice now by just mixing all the cards, icons didn't give us any troubles at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
With all the different icon changes, I can't imagine combining the two decks and being able to play.

That is what they make sticker paper for! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba Bartoszewicz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you mix the decks, how do you treat the instant cards from '51'? I mean, do you treat them as actions, as they were originally intended, or do you have them make tokens as in 'NE'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jakub Bartoszewicz wrote:
When you mix the decks, how do you treat the instant cards from '51'? I mean, do you treat them as actions, as they were originally intended, or do you have them make tokens as in 'NE'?

I'd rule they like the instants in NE - seems to be much more simple to do so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.