United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
It always bothered me a bit that in the rulebook under the difficulty it said "according to the difficulty of the level you choose" yet there were none to choose from. I of course think of things like "Easy", "Medium", and "Hard" like in other games, and looked throughout the rulebook for these since there was an "introductory" level. So I gave up and just figured it's only a difficulty increase and you choose how many of what you want in there.

Well, today I was on the website, and I found this. So if I'm not alone, and you were wondering, or want something of such, here you go.

Taken from the official website:

Blue sky – discovery : 42 Enemy cards
Cloudy : 41 Enemy cards + 1 Angry Enemy card
Rainy : 36 Enemy cards + 6 Angry Enemy cards
Thunderstorm : 36 Enemy cards + 6 Angry Enemy cards + 1 Special card Ragnerök
Storm : 42 Enemy cards + 4 Special cards Ragnarök
End of times : 36 Enemy cards + 6 Angry Enemy cards + 4 Special card Ragnarök
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hannam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome! Thanks for the research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you have 42 cards + 6 angry cards + 4 ragnarok cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eviltofu wrote:

I tried it this way as a solo game, using only Frey. It is ridiculously hard, but I think it's actually easier than 36 cards + 6 angry enemy cards + 4 ragnarok, because it gives you more turns where you only have to push back 1 enemy. Having to push back two enemies a turn a lot of times during the game is what makes the game so difficult when you add the angry enemy and ragnarok cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
eviltofu wrote:

These are just what I pulled off the website.

However, in the rulebook, it states that the Angry cards are suppose to replace a regular card. The ragnarok cards are the ones added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a player aid with this info:

Yggdrasil Difficulty Levels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shacky22 wrote:
These are just what I pulled off the website.

However, in the rulebook, it states that the Angry cards are suppose to replace a regular card. The ragnarok cards are the ones added.

wow huh... I completely missed that the Ragnarok cards are added. I've mistakenly thought they replaced random (regular) Enemy cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Mad
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came to this thread hoping for a bit of guidance on how to adjust the difficulty for different player/god counts.

I've played the game many times solo and with 2, at a pretty high difficulty. But occasionally I get the chance to play with 4 or more, and haven't had much success with tuning the difficulty. Every extra God increases the difficulty a decent amount - enemies are coming out at the same speed, but because each God is picking up their own Vikings and elves on their turn, loads more actions are being used and are much more thinly spaced, the weapons are spread out across the table, etc.

Looks like I will have to try a few solo games with larger numbers of Gods to get a picture. My instinct at the moment is that for larger player counts, the very easiest settings need to be used. Either angry gods only, or 1 Ragnarok card only, or maybe even easier than these.

I do think a good thing about this game is how customizable the difficulty setting is. You can start with the very easiest setting, and work your way up to the most difficult in tiny steps. Most co-operative games, by definition, have to be very difficult so you need to lose many times while learning the game. In Yggdrasil new players can start with no lightning cards at all, or the two slightly harder modes, including the angry cards, or including 1 Ragnarok, which gives a good chance to win.

Edit: Have surfed around the forum a bit and found many new groups are losing even with the completely basic deck, no angry or Ragnarok cards at all. Looks like I am starting out a bit smug, and need to really go back to basics for a 6 God victory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.