Subject: Starting conditions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Carlile
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Can anyone help. Is the system in Legacy of starting with 8 units and an HQ in a territory as opposed to sharing out territories and placing 2 units therein, new to Legacy, or has it been done in a previous version? thanks david

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Shaikewitz
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
In 2210 and regular risk you don't start like that.

Its been a while since I played the LotR version but I don't think thats how you start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since the starting conditions in the rule book are in text boxes that are meant to be replaced, I don't think the "unique" set up for Legacy is going to last through many games.

Since eliminated players are meant to return to the game, this set up insures that there are empty spaces on the board for them to return to, unlike divying up the board by dealing out cards, as in previous Risk games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I do remember proposing a variant for Risk 2210 that was like the way it's done in Legacy, but that was an unofficial variant.

That was meant to go with a variant that used maps of multiple planets, moons, and asteroids. Setting up a game with THAT many territories would take a long time. So the idea was for each player to choose 3 territories(anywhere) to start on instead of doing setup for 2 major planets, 3 minor planets, and several large moons. Random setup on a few hundred territories would be too time consuming. (okay playing a full game with 300 or so territories is time consuming too, but you get the idea)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.