Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: TtR:Europe on Newsnight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Newsnight last night (24th October) used as a prop a copy of Ticket to Ride: Europe.

Link to iPlayer, available until 10:19PM Mon, 31 Oct 2011
Mark Urban's report, from 14:45 to 17:30.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

iPlayer video is not accessible outside the UK
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycho wrote:
Newsnight last night (24th October) used as a prop a copy of Ticket to Ride: Europe.

Link to iPlayer, available until 10:19PM Mon, 31 Oct 2011
Mark Urban's report, from 14:45 to 17:30.

Any idea how far in it is? Newsnight's an absorbing prog but I'd rather not wade through 49 mins of it to find the nugget that you mention.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BigCat97 wrote:
Any idea how far in it is? Newsnight's an absorbing prog but I'd rather not wade through 49 mins of it to find the nugget that you mention.

Tycho wrote:
Mark Urban's report, from 14:45 to 17:30.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unic wrote:
BigCat97 wrote:
Any idea how far in it is? Newsnight's an absorbing prog but I'd rather not wade through 49 mins of it to find the nugget that you mention.

Tycho wrote:
Mark Urban's report, from 14:45 to 17:30.

I see what you're saying, but... Newsnight runs from 22.30 to 23.10.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they mean the report starts 14 minutes 45 seconds into the programme and ends 17 minutes and 30 seconds into the programme.

Can confirm this now, go 14 minutes and 45 seconds into Newsnight.

Ticket To Ride Europe is used as a prop as the OP said.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Best thing to happen on TV since I spotted a Dark Future novel in an episode of the Sarah Jane Adventures.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody puhlease rip this and get it on youtube.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. Someone should now do a geeklists of great games to use as props on News programmes/documentaries (NB using wargames as props in items about wars is not allowed).
Mike
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, I always saw Jeremy Paxman as more of an Ameritrash man...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Salo sila wrote:
Funny, I always saw Jeremy Paxman as more of an Ameritrash man...

Imagine playing him at Cosmic Encounter. Whoa!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Salo sila wrote:
Funny, I always saw Jeremy Paxman as more of an Ameritrash man...


Nah, Apples to Apples.

"So, how do you justify saying that 'squirrel' matches 'shiny'? ANSWER THE QUESTION! COME ON!"
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Salo sila wrote:
Funny, I always saw Jeremy Paxman as more of an Ameritrash man...


Young Urban is a figure gamer, I've purchased some Napoleonics off him before today. I had not realised he had moved over to the Dark Side.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.