Subject: Questions regarding gameplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Friday a few times now and just would like some rule clarifications.

Are you allowed to first add the 2 life points of the standard 'eating' card (with 0 attack value) and then use another card's special ability to exchange it for another card? I think you can, as it says under exchange: "You can choose one card you already used for the special ability.
Another example, can you copy the exchange ability of another card and then get rid of the copy card iself (I guess not)? or of the exchange card (I think you can)?

The aging card 'Stop': This cards stops your drawing of free cards. As I read the rules, this card only has effect when you're drawing free cards, right? So the 'stop' function does not count when you're spending life points to draw new cards. You can still continue doing that, right? (it's mentioned kind of like that in the rules, just wanted to check)

I Think I know the answer to all these questions. The rule book is written quite well. Just want to make sure I'm playing right.

Edit:
Another question:
If during the fight against the pirates I go through my deck once more and there are still untaken aging cards left, do I add them to my deck then, too?

Edit 2:
When I'm fighting the pirates "Fight against all remaining hazard cards". Does that mean that if I have the step-1 card, I have to fight against all their yellow values in stead of red values? (I guess not).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my interpretations:

robertopellizini wrote:
I played Friday a few times now and just would like some rule clarifications.

Are you allowed to first add the 2 life points of the standard 'eating' card (with 0 attack value) and then use another card's special ability to exchange it for another card? I think you can, as it says under exchange: "You can choose one card you already used for the special ability.

yes
robertopellizini wrote:

Another example, can you copy the exchange ability of another card and then get rid of the copy card iself (I guess not)? or of the exchange card (I think you can)?

Agreed and Agreed
robertopellizini wrote:

The aging card 'Stop': This cards stops your drawing of free cards. As I read the rules, this card only has effect when you're drawing free cards, right? So the 'stop' function does not count when you're spending life points to draw new cards. You can still continue doing that, right? (it's mentioned kind of like that in the rules, just wanted to check)

Yes and Yes

robertopellizini wrote:

I Think I know the answer to all these questions. The rule book is written quite well. Just want to make sure I'm playing right.

Edit 1:
Another question:
If during the fight against the pirates I go through my deck once more and there are still untaken aging cards left, do I add them to my deck then, too?

Edit 2:
When I'm fighting the pirates "Fight against all remaining hazard cards". Does that mean that if I have the step-1 card, I have to fight against all their yellow values in stead of red values? (I guess not).

Edit 1. That is exactly what I was wondering about as well. I guess, since it's not explicitly mentioned, that you have to do that.

Edit 2: why not? I would do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer to Edit 1: Yes, you need to add one aging card each time you reshuffle your Robinson deck. The pirates act as all the other hazard cards so fighting them follows all the normal rules.

Answer to Edit 2: No. You cannot use the "Step -1" card against the Pirates. You only calculate this special pirate's fighting values by adding up all remaining hazard cards. But you must add the red values.

Have fun with the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your swift replies!

I'm certainly having a lot of fun with the game.
After 3 plays I grew out of level 1 (I scored a massive 97 and 119) and then went straight to level 4. First try I got to battling the first pirate ship with a good fighting deck but low on life. I lost quickly due to drawing the stop-aging-card as the 2nd card (out of 8 against the pirate ship), OUCH! 2nd time I lost in the red zone. 3rd time I even lost in the yellow zone.

I thought the changes from 1st to 4th level would not be that large ("1 extra aging card, 1 aging card in startup, 2 life points less... is that it?"), but MAN do they make a difference! In level 1 it didn't matter much which action cards you collected in which order (I always went with +life first). In level 4 it does really matter! You absolutely need cards to help you get rid of your aging cards and other bad starting cards quickly! And your life diminishes down to 5-10 really quickly and then you're just hanging on by a thread for the rest of the game.

What a tough, tight game. It'll be a while until I beat level 4 I think (let alone score 80+ points).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:
robertopellizini wrote:
Can you copy the exchange ability of another card and then get rid of the copy card iself (I guess not)? or of the exchange card (I think you can)?

Agreed and Agreed.

What is the first agreement?

Do you agree that you can "copy the exchange ability of another card and then get rid of the copy card itself"?

Or do you agree with the "I guess not"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.