Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm not near my rulebook now, and I can't keep straight which games allow this and which don't. If a unit or stack moves into a hex with other friendlies, can those units join the stack for movement (if they've not yet moved)?

If the answer is yes, I'm reasonably sure that all of the unit would take on the MF of the unit that has the fewest remaining, but I'm willing to be wrong about that.

If the answer is yes, and the "picked up" unit is a leader, does the add the leadership MF bonus to the unit's now partially depleted MF total? AND, if the answer to that question is yes, can a unit expend its fourth MF to enter a hex with the leader, pick up the leader and move two more?

Thanks again,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am at work and can't look it up, but I am almost positive a stack must begin movement with a leader to receive the bonus. I think stacks can drop off, but not pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Fortenberry
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
A4.12 LEADER BONUS: Any Good Order MMC which begins the MPh/APh and ends its MPh/APh stacked with a leader of the same nationality in the same Location, at the same level (2.8), and with the same Wire/entrenchment/panji/paddy status is eligible for a two MF bonus during that MPh/APh, provided it expends all its MF while moving in a combined stack with that leader, and does not expend any of its MF to mount, ride, or dismount any form of conveyance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Hi,

I'm not near my rulebook now, and I can't keep straight which games allow this and which don't. If a unit or stack moves into a hex with other friendlies, can those units join the stack for movement (if they've not yet moved)?

If the answer is yes, I'm reasonably sure that all of the unit would take on the MF of the unit that has the fewest remaining, but I'm willing to be wrong about that.

If the answer is yes, and the "picked up" unit is a leader, does the add the leadership MF bonus to the unit's now partially depleted MF total? AND, if the answer to that question is yes, can a unit expend its fourth MF to enter a hex with the leader, pick up the leader and move two more?

Thanks again,

Chris

Units are free to move whenever and join up and split off any time.

It can get a little messy, but since the MMC stacking max is three squads, shouldn't be a problem.

You just cannot get a leader movement bonus unless all units are grouped from beginning to end (see above post for the legalese of same).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Armstrong
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DnaDan56 wrote:
Units are free to move whenever and join up and split off any time.

This isn't really true (the "join up" part). A4.2 makes it clear that once a stack starts, all parts of it must finish moving before any other units may start moving.

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.