Alex Aguirre
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Cowbell!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and I'm solo play testing it to prepare for my game group and most of my questions have been answered on BGG except one.

If one player moves to a room with the Run icon that already has a team member in it does the Run Icon allow you to "run past" the player and prevent trading?

Kinda makes sense but the rule states "Each time a player enters a location with other team members..." As well as Run Rule states "Entering These rooms offers a character a chance to take a free move..."

Thanks for the help! So far playing it solo and I'm already seeing how amazing this game is going to be for my gaming group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Graf
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question - I just played my first game last night, and our group decided that if you are using the Run action, then you don't trade. Not sure if that's right or not, but that's how we were handling it. I like it thematically, because if I am going into a room with someone I think is infected, I'd want to haul ass through that room over to the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Aguirre
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Cowbell!
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:

I believe that you still have to make the trade.

Essentially the 'trade' happens before anything else, unless you shoot the guy.

Once the 'trade' phase of the move is finished, the player makes a choice as to whether to 'run' or if he'll do something else. The run is essentially a room bonus.

Ah yes when stated like that.. the rules does say for Run: "Think of it as an extra AP that can be spent on movement."

It is more thematic to think of running to "avoid" a player as apposed to "shaking hands" with the player then running to the next room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Effectively, when a character is positioned in a location he blocks the run-action for others, since trading always comes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Aguirre
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Cowbell!
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! Ok so the infected tackles the running dude or The non-infected team member accidentally trips the runner . Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it very visually: this guy is thinking "let's go for a run across the hallway" and is ready to enter the room in a rush and to his surprise bumps up against another member, armes crossed...knodding no...
His only words: "don't even "think" about it..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can ONLY use the run function if you immediately make use of it.
If it is blocked by a forced trade or by a search action it can not be resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:
If it is blocked by a forced trade or by a search action it can not be resolved.

Does a trade block the ability to search, use the sick bay, or use the computer terminal?

I don't understand why trading blocks the run icon but none of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Played at lunch today and had this exact question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:
dkearns wrote:
ausloosd wrote:

Does a trade block the ability to search, use the sick bay, or use the computer terminal?

I don't understand why trading blocks the run icon but none of the others.

Easy, you see/bump into/ get stopped by the other guy long enough to slow down your 'run'.

The 'run' is a quick haphazard jog through an area. If you come into contact with someone else it just slows you down. Makes perfect thematic sense.

The other icons are not based on anything similar. They're focused on the player being present (parasite icon), or the player doing something after walking into the room (team search, storage room, terminal, parasite). The other icons depend on the player taking an action within that room. The run icon is a quick dash and go.

Exactly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.