Mathijs van Dijk
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conflict of Heroes has always been a game to hold my interest ever since I first read the rules and playthrough descriptions for it back in 2008.

I never bought the game though and, having had a blast playing the game for the first time a week ago, I want to change that now.

I previously looked to Storms of Steel for its inclusion of the second version of the rules and counters. Still, availability is tricky (especially here in Belgium) and having AtB in front of me I think its scenarios will be better suited to introducing new players for a friendly game or two. This said, I'm also very much interested in the 'First Men In' title under development.

I have two questions to the community:

- Is there a new edition (new counters and rulebook) of AtB coming out and, if yes, when will that be approx.?

- Is there any insight into 'First Men In's' suitability to teach the game system (ie are there introductory scenarios or will it be supposed that players already have a good grasp of the ruleset through the previous titles)?

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KleinePino wrote:

- Is there a new edition (new counters and rulebook) of AtB coming out and, if yes, when will that be approx.?

There is. I'm not sure when it will be coming out. Definitely after Guadalcanal, not sure if it will be before or after First Men In thouh.

Quote:

- Is there any insight into 'First Men In's' suitability to teach the game system (ie are there introductory scenarios or will it be supposed that players already have a good grasp of the ruleset through the previous titles)?

I'm confident that it will have this programmed instruction approach. It has been a hallmark of the series and is part of the reason that so many non-wargamers have been able to get into the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.