Urban Sprawl» Forums » General

Subject: Urban Sprawl availability in California? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claro Ortiz
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I live all the way in the Philippines and I got a relative who is in California right now until Nov. 9 and I asked her to pick up a copy of Urban Sprawl for me. Problem is, I checked the online retailers and they're all at pre-orders still. My question is does anyone know board game shops near Concord, Ontario or Glendale, California?

I wanna point her to a FLGS in her area in case they get their stocks prior to the 9th in case online retailers get theirs late (keeping in mind delivery time).

Thanks!

Edit: I checked BGG's list of FLGS and I didnt see one under Glendale or Ontario California

Edit: Found out shes also gonna be in Concord, California
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to Game Empire in Pasadena all the time when I was living close to there. That's only ten miles from Pasadena off the 210.

Game Empire Pasadena

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you order it from gmtgames?
http://www.gmtgames.com/s-2-p500.aspx

They ship worldwide.
For myself I pre-ordered there and live in belgium. (I choose the slow delivery option to reduce the costs)

EDIT: sorry, I just saw that they don't ship to Asia. Strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Grenadier in Burbank gets direct shipped from GMT, so they are likely to have it before other retailers. Burbank borders Glendale so it wouldn't be too far out of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
lievendp wrote:
EDIT: sorry, I just saw that they don't ship to Asia. Strange.

Where did you see this? I have read of many folks in Asia ordering from GMT and getting games.

What GMT does do (I think) is not ship direct, but have a fulfillment center in Japan (or somesuch) that ships orders. Many Asian customers report getting their shipments stamped or shipped via Japan IIRC.

To the original poster - you could try ordering from GMT and having them ship to your cousin. Of course, if she is moving around a bit on her trip might be hard to coordinate. But if she is driving up I-5 (instead of flying) between Concord, CA and Southern California (Glendale, Burbank), she could even take a small detour and visit GMT in Hanford, CA directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
Last Grenadier in Burbank gets direct shipped from GMT, so they are likely to have it before other retailers. Burbank borders Glendale so it wouldn't be too far out of the way.

Quite right - I was there last Friday and they did not have the game in yet, not surprising since P500's were just going out.

Give them a call at (818) 848-9144 to check on availability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claro Ortiz
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the info! Ill check them all out. Hopefully, some of the FLGS would have them before she leaves. Just trying to compile possible venues for her to go to in each area that she'll be in during her stay.

Thanks again! Really appreciate it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claro Ortiz
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know FLGS near concord? Just found out that thats the best place/time that my relative can go around to buy Urban Sprawl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
In Concord directly, there is:

Black Diamond Games
1950 Market Street, Suite E
Concord, CA 94520
925-681-0600

How near is near?
There are a few good stores in the area, but a bit of a drive from Concord. For example:

Endgame
921 Washington St (Corner of Washington and 10th)
Oakland, CA 94607
510-465-3637

Endgame is also very close to BART (regional light rail) which also has a station in Concord.

(Edit: Made the store names above links to their respective websites)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claro Ortiz
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
In Concord directly, there is:

Black Diamond Games
1950 Market Street, Suite E
Concord, CA 94520
925-681-0600

How near is near?
There are a few good stores in the area, but a bit of a drive from Concord. For example:

Endgame
921 Washington St (Corner of Washington and 10th)
Oakland, CA 94607
510-465-3637

Endgame is also very close to BART (regional light rail) which also has a station in Concord.

(Edit: Made the store names above links to their respective websites)

Really appreciate the info!

She is staying at Clayton Road Concord, Ca. 94521. I dunno where that is exactly though. She'll be staying with another relative and will have access to a car. Im guessing anything within 20-25 min drive would be her range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
Also near-Ish is games of Berkeley and in sf is gamescape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.