Subject: Question about healing land rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Cheng
Australia
flag msg tools
So, Druid can spend 1 action to roll 2 dice (5 or 6 succeeds);
Cleric can spend X action to roll X dice (5 or 6 succeeds);
Healer can spend 1 action to roll X dice (X is the number of minions on that location, 5 or 6 succeeds);
None of them needs a card.

Can anyone explain to me why Cleric's healing land skill seems less effective than Druid and Healer? IMO, Druid can deal 2 dice with just 1 action and Healer can deal 3 dice with 1 action (because normally a tainted location has 3 minions), however Cleric deal 1 dice per action... What do you think? As a Cleric, she should be most powerful in terms of healing land, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Can anyone explain to me why Cleric's healing land skill seems less effective than Druid and Healer?

Druids are one with the land and therefore better able to heal it. Their magic comes from the land, nature in general, and as such it is stronger when used in regard to the land. The Cleric calls for a spiritual healing, a blessing upon the land but does not have the same magic as the Druids for this particular action.

Hope this answers your question. Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Minsinger
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the Druid being better at healing the land is thematically appropriate- they are one with the trees and all that jazz.

-Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Cheng
Australia
flag msg tools
Okay, from thematic perpective, I think it's reasonable. Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.