Subject: Say no, kids! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Just overheard this snippet of conversation between my two eldest daughters:

6 y.o. : Hey, lets listen to some Country Music!

4 y.o. : Noooooo!!!!!

Well, I've raised one of them well.

However, now I'm concerned that there may be a hidden stash of Country Music somewhere in my house. Perhaps I should move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenDude wrote:

However, now I'm concerned that there may be a hidden stash of Country Music somewhere in my house. Perhaps I should move.

A country music fan at a young age. You are raising them right. Took me 20 years to convince my sons that country was the best music around.

I hereby nominate you for Father of the Year.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
GreenDude wrote:

A country music fan at a young age. You are raising them right. Took me 20 years to convince my sons that country was the best music around.

I hereby nominate you for Father of the Year.cool

Thanks, but I'm siding with the 4 y.o. here. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
I say it all depends on which country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think moving internationally is a but of an overreaction, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

mb

My 5-year-old likes SCOTTISH Country Music... does that count?

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
churchmouse wrote:
I say it all depends on which country.

Like the British Invasion?

Seriously though, country music can be amazing, unfortunately most people stopped making country after Randy Travis and George Strait figured out a way to reskin light rock with a marketable image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kswingruber wrote:

mb

My 5-year-old likes SCOTTISH Country Music... does that count?

mb

This needs a debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenDude wrote:

After you do, I'd recommend a napalm bombing of your former residence. You can't be too careful, you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have investigated. I have sleuthed. I have asked questions, received cryptic answers, and joined the widely scattered dots.

Case in point : "What is Country Music?" I ask at one juncture.

"A pig with a moustache!" she answers. While this utterance may or may not represent some kind of deep truth, I feel compelled to point out that she was playing "Angry Birds" at the time, and as such porcine adversaries of a hirsute nature are not uncommon.

I persevered, and have, I believe, uncovered the truth. She has been exposed to Country Music at her Kindergarten, via the agency of this song: (and associated book!)

I present it you, for among you are fellow parents, and it is better to know the ways, means, and tools that the unrighteous are wont to use to hook our impressionable offspring. I beseech you, gird your loins, and watch this abomination, grok it deeply to the fullness of your being, (maybe sing the chorus once or twice), so that you may stand firm, draw that line in the stand, and say no more. For if we do not, you make awaken one morning to the strains of "Achy Breaky Heart" emanating from your child's room, and know that this, your ultimate and crushing failure as a parent, could have been avoided.

...hmmm...hmmm....honky tonky winky wonky donkeyyyy......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.