Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - I assume that at the beginning of each round,as each chief leader will have been moved to the turn order tracks, you start from the beach? I am asking because if this is the case, then obvious the first two action spaces are going to be the cheapest (and quickest) to reach as opposed to the back two.

2 - when you travel back to the beach for free, does this include the fishing space, island & 'pass' actions? Or do you have to first move back to the beach, then move to one of these three options on the next turn? I assume the former but would like to get clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Daigle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Matt.

Yes, at the beginning of each round the players' chiefs start from the beach. That does, in fact, make the bottom two action spaces cheaper than any other areas (in terms of foot cost). With respect to moving back to the beach, your assumption is correct. The "beach" encompasses all the action areas: fishing, island visiting, and passing. In other words, once you reach the beach, you can immediately perform any one of its associated actions.

Hope that helps.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Shepherd
Canada
Tecumseh
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that there are 4 tiles right next to the beach as the art for the beach seems to loop around the bottom two tiles.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
WiltChamberlain wrote:
We've been playing that there are 4 tiles right next to the beach as the art for the beach seems to loop around the bottom two tiles.

Is this correct?

Nope, only the two bottom-most spaces are one foot to get to. Or, in other words, only two of the spaces are adjacent to the beach. It doesn't "wrap around," although we have discussed that in my group as well, since graphically it does look adjacent to the left and right-most spaces too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.