Subject: Week four rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracy and Martin departed, and we split into two groups of four.

The boys upstairs had a game of this excellent Gold Sieber exploration game:

Players: Craig, Mark1, Mark2, Nick

Mark1 had played this with Sue & I last Saturday, so I was keen to get revenge ...

It was the first time for Craig & Mark2.

I went first, trotted off to a village, claimed a Spade and did some exploring.

Craig & Mark2 followed my lead, while Mark1 decided to take a Rifle, and then immediate pulled the Bandit tile, requiring two Rifles to complete!

Overall, the game progressed quite smoothly ... We all seemed to be surviving the odd adventure, without many people treading on too many others' toes, slow progress was being made towards the North West corner and the Temple.

I made my usual stupid mistake - I noticed that Craig was about to move onto a Canyon adventure and grab a 3rd Adventure Marker, so I trekked across to the tile (costing me most of my equipment) to get there first. I successfully completed the adventure and dug up the treasure, leaving me stranded for three turns while I explored, and then just picked up Adventure Tokens until I had enough to move again!

Following that error, I was moving along the North side with a run of friendly tiles, while Mark1 was coming up the West with a similar run of nice explorations.

Mark2 had nipped back home for more Pearls and Provisions, allowing an attack on the Adventure Tokens of others, and Craig was following the same idea, both guys unsure if they would make the Temple.

Mark1 eventually was the man to uncover the Temple tile, allowing me to be the first there, with Mark1 also claiming the 2-gold bonus for reaching it in the same round.

As the game clock started to tick down from this point, the only thing I could see worth going for was an un-dug Treasure Chest; however, from this point on the game got very "dog-eat-dog" as we all formed plans of attack, constantly changing them as others' plans became clear.

In those last four turns, there must have been attacks or defences made on ewvery one of the seven different adventure tokens, which made for a very exciting endgame.

Mark2 surprised us all in his last turn by making a dash for the Temple and securing an Amulet (and 3rd place) for himself.

Final Scores:

Mark1 - 22
Nick - 19
Mark2 - 16
Craig - 14

Excellent game - I really enjoyed the way this one played out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.