Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not 100% on how this is used:

During the game, you have to keep a mental tally on which side you play for. IF you are traded an infect card and you did not trade a gas can, you become infected. If you did trade a gas can, you are still human.

How does the antidote work? Is it traded to you and you mentally keep track of becomming human again? Is it only used once? If you are human when you get it, is it not "used up" and can be traded again? If you "become human" again with it, must you keep it so as not to use it again unfairly to cure infections?

Please clarify, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Knotts
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
badge
¡Viva la Revolución!
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation of the instructions for the antidote is that it is a one-time use, regardless of whether or not the receiver of the trade is infected. So imagine you're surround by people and are not sure who you can trust, but you managed to find a secret stash of this miracle stuff that you can use to make sure of an ally for yourself... sweet! So you walk up behind someone you're just SURE is infected and and you jam that needle into their neck... hopefully you were right and your action cured them... but regardless, it's now used up and is no longer available. Now they get to hold that card in their hand forever b/c it can't be traded away.

EDIT: laugh Just noticed an FAQ in which it says this almost verbatim. See: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/72113/panic-station-en...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to how you carry infection cards in your hand after they have been used, you carry the antidote. As explained above, the antidote is a way to be sure they are not infected right after you give it to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Toby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben watts
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you trade someone infected the antidote and they give you an infectioin card are you infected? I would say no you would not be infected is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
benw wrote:
If you trade someone infected the antidote and they give you an infectioin card are you infected? I would say no you would not be infected is this correct?
Passing someone the antidote works just like passing a gas can. You dodge the infection AND you "cure" the other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.