Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph McSweeney
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have recently purchased this game and before trying it would like to get everyone's thoughts on a change to the rules. I would recommend keeping each players victory points hidden until the end of the game. In my mind this could prevent everyone ganging up on the leader due to the uncertainty of the who the leader is. Soemone could try to remember the number of victory point each player has collected but I have tried this approach with other games and it seems to work nicely. Is there any reason why this would not work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob F
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience with the game, individual victory points do not win the game. Once in a while it will be the deciding factor, but not usually. The number of victory points a player has at the end of the game are very few (unless there were many battles - which there really should not be).

You pretty much always know who the leader is by looking that their board and at the victory point distribution cards.

rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you might want to try with hidden VP's is to award Most Buildings & Largest Army VP's throughout the game, instead of only at the end. At the end of a round where a new age was reached, give out the Buildings & Army VP's.
This way, players will have more VP's throughout the game, so keeping them hidden actually has an effect. Also, players will feel more engaged of the course of the game, instead of feeling as if only the last round matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.