Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on population cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's imagine that I have an hex with a grey planet. In the past I've placed a money population cube on the grey planet. Now I want to place there a science population cube. The only way to take away the population cube (so that I can substitute it) is to take influence action, move the disc away from the hex (so population cube return in the reserve) as the first influence action and then as the second influence action put again the disc on the hex (so now the hex is mine again and using colonization ship I can place the population cube that I want in the grey planet). Am I right?

Another question: if I have a ship and I enter a Hex that another player owns, but he has only discs and cube in it (not ships), during the combat phase may I throw dices to destroy cubes (or take away all cubes if I have neutron bomb), but I don't get reputation tiles because there wasn't a battle, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanelorn wrote:
Let's imagine that I have an hex with a grey planet. In the past I've placed a money population cube on the grey planet. Now I want to place there a science population cube. The only way to take away the population cube (so that I can substitute it) is to take influence action, move the disc away from the hex (so population cube return in the reserve) as the first influence action and then as the second influence action put again the disc on the hex (so now the hex is mine again and using colonization ship I can place the population cube that I want in the grey planet). Am I right?

Yes.

Tanelorn wrote:
Another question: if I have a ship and I enter a Hex that another player owns, but he has only discs and cube in it (not ships), during the combat phase may I throw dices to destroy cubes (or take away all cubes if I have neutron bomb), but I don't get reputation tiles because there wasn't a battle, right?

Yes again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem to be correct on both points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Yesterday I played my first game, it was very enjoyable! It also happened that one of the hexes was a Supernova and it is a fun addition to the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this may I could shift my population cubes more or less freely, right?

The following scenario:

- I have placed alread 4 cubes from each track.
- two of the cubes are placed on white squares (in the same hex).

I take the influence action:
1. I remove the disc in this hex, and the cubes are returned to the tracks. Since they come from grey spaces, I may place them on any track - say: I place them on "Materials")
2. I return a disc on this space; and I flip two colony ships to place cubes on the grey squares. I take the cubes from my "Science" track.
3. Finally, I am allowed to flip back two colony ships.

So, now I have placed:
4 cubes of the Money track
6 cubes of the Science track
2 cubes of the Materials track

Is this allowed? I don't see anything, what would speak against it.

Consequently, I could repeat this procedure, and end up with 11 cubes of one track placed, and 1 cube of another track placed - although maybe I have only these two grey squares?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
So, this may I could shift my population cubes more or less freely, right?

The following scenario:

- I have placed alread 4 cubes from each track.
- two of the cubes are placed on white squares (in the same hex).

I take the influence action:
1. I remove the disc in this hex, and the cubes are returned to the tracks. Since they come from grey spaces, I may place them on any track - say: I place them on "Materials")
2. I return a disc on this space; and I flip two colony ships to place cubes on the grey squares. I take the cubes from my "Science" track.
3. Finally, I am allowed to flip back two colony ships.

So, now I have placed:
4 cubes of the Money track
6 cubes of the Science track
2 cubes of the Materials track

Is this allowed? I don't see anything, what would speak against it.

Consequently, I could repeat this procedure, and end up with 11 cubes of one track placed, and 1 cube of another track placed - although maybe I have only these two grey squares?

Yes, it's entirely possible to manipulate your production this way using the influence action and grey squares. Sometimes it is very handy but it might also lead to situations where your production for some resource(s) drops to 0 (especially if you lose sectors), so excercise caution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - I LOVE it!

I like this possibility to manipulate your production (at the cost of an action and thus more Upkeep!) - because if you have no possibility to increase, for example, materials through settling new planets - then you can shift a bit, and I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.