Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
I needed a quick game for a filler, so printed this one out. It only needs the play sheets printed, with six D6s and four D4s, so it is really easy to get into. The game is all about raiding a superior invading force to gain enough resources and technology to defeat them. The best Raider wins the game and will lead that attack.

The game plays very well and kept all of my group entertained for a lot longer than we expected. (The simple filler ended up being a large part of the afternoon gaming session.)
The game is well developed and the push your luck mechanic suits the theme very well. The agonizing decisions on what dice to lock and what to re-roll allows for some interesting and sometimes satisfying results.
(Not to mention a heap of Aliens quotes . . . "Game over, man!")

However, the theme causes the only downside to this game as well.
When we finally determined who was the best team leader to take us to victory at round ten, that is the end of the game.
All the players were wanting to use the accumulated goodies to resolve the attack on the Invader and see whether they did succeed or fail in freeing the human race.

I had to tell them, that was it.
The rules hint at a second game that will allow you to do this, so we are all anxiously awaiting its release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShaunGamer wrote:
All the players were wanting to use the accumulated goodies to resolve the attack on the Invader and see whether they did succeed or fail in freeing the human race.

Yes, that's the exact feeling I had at the end of the game, too. I did begin on the sequel game, but I never got it to a place I liked. One day I'll pick this project up again.

Thanks for the kind words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.