Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just seen some pictures from Essen 2011 in the image galleries.
And it seems that there's an english version.
Anyone has some more informations? (availability, release date, where to order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Tyulenev
Russia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We've made just a few copies of English version to show the game to our potential partners and customers. Almost all of these boxes were given to publishers and distributors that currently are deciding whether they're interested in the game. Anyway, we plan a mass-market English (and maybe German) release for the next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van 't veld
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dofin wrote:
Anyway, we plan a mass-market English (and maybe German) release for the next year.

Great news! You've made my day!

Some more questions:
Are there any rule changes, because from the pictures of the english prototype I can see that some things have changed (the board layout is different, e.g.)?

The miniatures from the prototype are obviously miniatures from Zvezda also used in their Terminator Salvation boardgame. I think they are really cool, but are they included in the final version, too?

Ok I like the prototype minis, but miniatures from the (godlike) russian sculptor Igor Karpov would be the icing on the cake:

Thank you very much for the infos and I wish you all the best with the Metro 2033 boardgame.thumbsup

Btw: Any plans for a Stalker:SoC boardgame?whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Tyulenev
Russia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The game shown at Essen fair is a translation of Russian second edition. Comparing with first edition, it's essentially a new game. There's no BGG entry for Metro 2033 second edition, but I think there should be. I'll add this entry when I have spare time. So, there're already lots of changes and maybe we/our Western partners will make more when working on mass-market English edition.

To sum up:
1) In 2010 we've published Russian first edition. The BGG has entry for this edition.
2) In 2011 we've designed second edition. We've made an English sample based on this edition and we plan to release a Russian version this Christmas. We've shown this edition in Essen.
3) Our potential partnes may suggest more changes after they've played the game. We also may introduce more changes based on expirience of Russian players. In any case, these changes would be minor, concerning some details, not the overall gameplay. You may consider a version shown in Essen as a pre-release beta of international edition.

The figures for Russian second edition (and Essen preview) were made by Zvezda. The international edition may contain other figures. It depends on where this edition would be produced. We will not produce it domestically and import to EC & US from Russia because of taxes and other restrictions. Russia is not even a member of WTO yet :-)

We would like to make a Stalker boardgame, but the licensing issue is quite difficult. But we plan to publish boardgames based on other well-known videogames of Russian origin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van 't veld
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, since the english version was more or less ready, can we have a preview of the rules? They are now available in russian (I suppose this would be the first edition), but it sounds like russian to me. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw: For a first overview, there's an entry in the Metro 2033 Wiki about the boardgame in english:
http://metro2033.wikia.com/wiki/Metro_2033_%28Board_Game%29

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Tyulenev
Russia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the available Russian rules and the description in Metro Wiki are of first Russian edition. I plan to make a separate BGG entry for the first English edition / second Russian edition this weekend. I will not upload English rules (some issues may be changed for a mass-market English edition, and the translation is far from perfect), but I'll write a complete description of current version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Tyulenev
Russia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The new entry is here: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/112210/metro-2033-vtoraya...

Maybe this thread should be re-linked to that entry as it discusses mainly the second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.