Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Battle
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, got the new Avalon Hill (2005) Robo Rally edition this morning. We had to give it a go at lunch today. We played the Risky Exchange beginner course because we didn't have much time to play and had someone to teach.

We all 3 started out strong, but GP (the one new to the game) miscalculated the conveyor belt effects and found himself way off the mark. I was a punching bag (laser bag?) early on locking all but 2 registers, but still managed to limp onto the first flag.

GP fell off the side and had to start over since he had not hit the first flag. I was able to powerdown, and RB got to the first flag. Now, GP had some really bad cards and spent at least 3 turns not going very far at all. I pushed RB off the side before he hit Flag 2, where I got to pretty quickly.

Now, me being pretty well ahead, I manuouvered to the repair site with the hammer so I could get an option card. I got the Dual Processor option card, and was able to use it the next turn to good effect.

I reached the 3rd flag for the win. RB had reached the 2nd flag and was actually 1 space from the 3rd if we had continued after I won. GP never hit the first flag which is unfortunate since it was his first game and I wanted to hook him on it.

Still, this game is always fun and I'm excited to have the new copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.