Hide
5 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions for the pros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bipolar Guild
msg tools

My GF and I have a couple questions about the game we cant seem to figure out or find answers to.(most have been answered here) The first would be if a Unit (s) can be routed twice.. As in a neutral unit isnt killed and is routed. Then from another area she would try to move into that are again with the neutral routed units.. Are they destroyed? re-routed? (well or my unit was routed from a loss and she attacks my routed units from another area, are they destroyed or can they be re-routed?)

Question 2.. If she attacks me and is routed (i win on defense).. Are my troops that won the battle activated too? or can they still move/attack?

Question 3 (last).. I think I know the answer to this based on other posts, I just want to verify with the pros here cool Basically You can attack with an army of 15 if you wanted. If you win the battle though only 8 can stay there and the remaining are routed? Or am i wrong here.

Thanks for any help, and we love the forum/site. We frequent it often and figured we'd finally post lol..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: At the start of a battle, every routed units are immediately destroyed.

Q2: you can move. It's payback time! devil

Q3: Those units must be destroyed. No retreats are allowed.

EDIT: Sorry for wrong answers. See the correct ones below from Mike and Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafaelc wrote:

Q2: you can move. It's payback time! :devil:

Q3 you can retreat the excess units after attacking (to one area). Page 18 and 22 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Betzel
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafaelc wrote:

Q2: you can move. It's payback time! devil

See Daniel's response for Q3.

For Q1, retreating units that were routed before the battle begins are destroyed, but they are not immediately destroyed when the battle starts. See page 21 under Resolution.

The timing is very important. As the defender, if I have a mix of routed and standing units and am attacked, those routed units are only destroyed if I'm forced to retreat. If I win the battle, they are not destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bipolar Guild
msg tools

OK awesome, Appreciate the quick responses. This helps a lot. I guess there are a few things we missed in the book lol.. Seems we learn something new each time we play. Cant wait to try it again with the correct rules !

TY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.